Friday, September 19, 2014

Five Minute Friday: Hold

Five Minute Friday has a new home! Come check it out and join in on the free-writing fun!
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community...


Five minutes on hold...

GO 


"Gimme a kiss!" I said as I dropped him off at daycare this morning.
 His sweet little arms tightened around my neck and squeezed.
"That's not a kiss, you turkey!! Gimme a kiss," I laughed.


"No!" He giggled and turned his head away from me.


"Gimme a kiss, or I'm gonna dro-o-o-o-p you!" I sing-songed.


And he giggled and turned away again. So I let my hands go from his little bum and let him drop a millisecond before catching him again. He giggled and dared me to do it again.  So I did. And he laughed again.

I've told him many, many times before that I'm going to drop him. He knows I won't. He likes the game and so do I. I like that I get some silly giggles with him before I go to work for the day.  I like that he knows I would never actually drop him.

I got back in the car and drove Frances to school.  We had some silly little conversation like we always do.  Somehow it came around to love. I told her I didn't like her.  She laughed.

"No, Mommy! You love me!"  


I love that she knows it deep down in her heart. I love that she feels it so easily and readily.  I hope that she will always hold that feeling deep down in her heart. Especially as the tween and teen years approach and our relationship changes.

I love that my kids feel secure in our family.  Even when we get mad, or yell, my kids know they are loved beyond a doubt.  I hope that all three of them know that I will always hold them in my heart, even when they are too big to hold in my arms.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a link so I can return the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...