Monday, September 22, 2014

Baked Flounder with Parsley and Thyme {Recipe}

Last week I made a special point to plan my menu, and even though it didn't go exactly as planned; it was nice to know that dinner was not on my list of things to worry about for the week. There were a few nights that didn't work out, so I've bumped some things to a later time. Soccer practice and ballet are throwing off my evenings and I've got to figure out how those puzzle pieces come together. That being said, I've got a menu planed for this week, and I'd like to share one of our favorites from last week with you as well.

Monday--Apple-Pork meatloaves with potatoes. This didn't get done last week because of evening practices, so I'm doing it this week.

Tuesday--Chicken Tenders with mac and cheese. The boneless, skinless chicken tenders were on sale this weekend and I got a huge package. It's a meal the kids love, so I know they'll eat it. I'm making a double batch, so I can freeze some for pater, or just have leftovers for later in the week.

Wednesday--Ham slice and biscuits. This is not a fancy meal, no recipe involved, but last week Ken mentioned missing ham, so I bought him some.  He did make me those brownies, so if he can take a hint, so can I!

Thursday--Chicken tenders again, this time with the opposite kids!

Friday--Pizza bubbles--I shared this recipe on my friend Lydia's page. Every time I want to make them again, I search my own blog and I can never find them!! LOL!

Saturday/Sunday--Leftovers, or whatever else I feel like cooking. 

Last week, one of the recipes that was a big hit was our plan for baked tilapia with parsley and thyme. I ended up not buying tilapia because all I could find was farm-raised and I prefer my fish to be wild caught. The flounder was wild caught, so I went with that instead. The recipe was super simple, and super delicious.  I ended up baking it in two different casserole dishes to give it some space. I only took one dish out to the table and Ken grabbed the last piece when Henry wasn't looking. I wish you could have seen his face a few minutes later!

Henry: Mommy, can I have more...Where's the fish!?!?
Ken: <snicker>
Henry: <heartbroken>
Me: Mommy to the rescue!! <Gets other dish>
Henry: <grins> Yeah!!


Baked {White Fish} with Parsley and Thyme

Ingredients

1 1/4 pounds tilapia or other white fish (we used flounder) fillets
coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1/2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 cup Italian parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon dried thyme
lemon wedges for garnish

Instructions

Preheat over to 375 degrees
Place fillets in a rimmed baking dish and season with salt, pepper, and Old Bay seasoning.
Drizzle melted butter over fillets and top with parsley and thyme
Bake until flaky and opaque (about 15 minutes)
Serve with lemon wedges if desired

Recipe based on one I found at Relish!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a link so I can return the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...