Monday, January 11, 2016

Snowflake Wreath DIY

Welcome to another edition of Blog With Friends! This month our theme is "Baby, it's Cold Outside" and for the first time this winter it actually is! It was a little odd having my kids running around outside on Christmas day in short sleeves! I'm not complaining, I'm just saying it was odd!

I finally got all the Christmas decorations organized and put away and now my house looks a little bare. This snowflake wreath is perfect for a little pop of fun on the front door, or even as a wall decoration inside the house.

If you'd like one too, here's what you'll need:

  • snowflake chipboard decorations (I got one large, and three small)
  • 1-2 sheets of snowy scrapbook paper
  • wide, white grosgrain ribbon
  • Mod Podge
  • pencil
  • scissors
  • paintbrush
  • hot glue gun


First, position your snowflakes on the back of the scrapbook paper. (I was cheap and forced them all to fit on one sheet, but in retrospect two would have been easier.) Trace around the snowflakes and then cut them out. Using the mod podge, paint the chipboard snowflakes and align the paper over them to adhere the paper to each snowflake.



Next, cut your ribbon to the length you want and arrange the snowflakes how you like them. Using hot glue, attach the snowflakes to the ribbon. Make sure to leave enough at the top to fold over for hanging. I also added a bow, but for the life of me I can't find the tutorial now to show you how. It's similar to this method.


Now your snowflakes are ready for display! Easy, peasy!

Want some more project ideas?



Check out this recipe for crockpot Italian soup from Karen at Baking in a Tornado. That will warm you from the inside out!

Need something else to keep you warm? How about these romantic books and movies perfect for a cold night at home on the couch. Many thanks to Melissa at Home on Deranged for putting that list together!

And Lydia at Cluttered Genius has some great At Home Date Nights for you as well!

And if you have to go out, at least you can keep your head warm with this beginners crocheted head wrap from Robin at Someone Else's Genius.


As always, if you'd like to join in on the challenge, just let me or Karen know and we'll get you hooked up with the details. Our theme for February is "romance."

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a link so I can return the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...