Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Team Umizoomi: Geo's Shape Belt DIY

Benjamin is quite obsessed with Team Umizoomi on Nick Jr.  He sings the songs from it constantly in his cute little voice. All three of mine enjoy watching it together and Mommy is happy because the characters are two boys and a girl, so each of mine can claim their own during the show without too many arguments.  The show is pretty cute. It doesn't annoy me like Yo Gabba Gabba or Dora.  Since Benjamin's birthday is on Sunday, I was trying to think of some Team Umizoomi birthday ideas for him.  I will be attempting a Geo birthday cake for him this weekend, so check back to see the outcome.  I also made his invitations in the style of the show.

He loved the invitations when he saw them. He is so excited for his Umizoomi birthday party this weekend.  I can't wait to see his reaction to what I made him!!

Geo's Shape Belt-DIY
For this quick, easy project you will need the following:
Geo, Team Umizoomi
  • nylon webbing (long enough to go around your child's waist, plus about 6 inches)
  • a lighter
  • scissors
  • needle and coordinating nylon thread
  • belt buckle
  • assorted felt scraps
  • hot glue gun and glue (not pictured)
1.  Step one: Cut the nylon webbing to your desired length and heat the ends with a lighter to seal them.

2.  Step two: Following the directions on the buckle, wrap the webbing around the middle piece and hand stitch together. I suppose you could also hot glue this piece if you don't like sewing.

Geo, Team Umizoomi

Geo, Team Umizoomi
3.  Step three: Cut out shapes from your felt.  I made sure to make them the same width as the belt. I want this belt to be functional as well as fun for my skinny mini.

Geo, Team Umizoomi
4.  Step four: Attach shapes at intervals around the belt.  You could sew them, but then the stitches would show, so I hot glued mine.
Geo, Team Umizoomi
5.  Step five: Tah-dah!  He's going to be so excited!!

Geo, Team Umizoomi


Henry and Frances have been drawing him blueprints all month to go along with his shape belt.  Now he can build anything...with his shapes.  Super Shapes!!


What do your kids like to watch?

9 comments :

  1. Very cute and creative!! No more kids shows around here...one of my kids favorites is How I Met Your Mother (inappropriate at times, but they're teenagers/tweens). My youngest also likes the history channel and documentaries...my middle child reality stuff (like Dance Moms, ugh, and a show about wedding dresses)...and my oldest likes sci-fi. I don't watch unless its on in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute!

    My daughter loves to watch princess stuff or My Little Pony.

    My son is into Spongebob.

    ReplyDelete
  3. way to go mom...that is adorable!

    Dino loves Shaun the Sheep, Caillou, Team UnmiZoomi and recently... Justin Time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We like Shaun the Sheep, but don't seem to catch it very often. Caillou drives me bonkers!! :)

      Delete
  4. I've never heard of this show. It's finally happened!! There are kid shows I don't know about!! Hahaha. There was a time when I didn't think that would ever happen!!

    Cute invitations! He is going to LOVE the belt. What a fun party!! --Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean someday I can stop watching kids' shows!?! Cool!!

      Delete
  5. Your kids are ridiculously cute. I'm so glad I know them and you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa, You are so sweet! I'm glad we are friends, too. :)

      Delete
  6. So cute! I'll bet he loved it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a link so I can return the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...