Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Snow Day

It finally snowed! Not a whole lot, mind you, but it snowed. Enough that the daycare (and all surrounding schools) were closed today. The weather forecast was calling for the snow to turn to ice in the early afternoon, so I bundled up the kids early on and went outside with them. Frances was uber-excited about going out, but Henry really didn't have much experience with snow. He reminded me of Ralphie's little brother in "A Christmas Story." He got so bundled up that he could barely move. But he ended up loving it!
We got outside and walked around for a bit and then I went to the garage to get the sled. I pulled the kids around the neighborhood, and then Frances exclaimed, "Mommy put Henry in the sled. I want to slay him!" It cracked me up! So she pulled him around the whole neighborhood by herself. We also did the requisite snowball throwing, snow angel making,and hill sledding. The kids had an absolute blast!! Henry threw a hissy fit when it was time to come inside for lunch. It was really a wonderful day!










Until some jerk stole my kids sled right of the front porch. And then we spent the rest of the day running around town trying to find a store in town that still had some, but no one did and my daughter cried herself to sleep because she wanted her sled back.

1 comment :

  1. THAT is terrible!! Who would steal your sled right off of your porch!! That should be a felony on days when it actually snows!! I'm glad you guys had a good time before the thief struck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a link so I can return the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...