Friday, June 20, 2014

It's a Crowd Sourced #AskAwayFriday!

So this week has been crazy between helping with Vacation Bible School, having the kids in my office every afternoon, Ken working weird(er) hours to help out a regional manager, and meetings three nights this week. Had I thought about it beforehand, I would have been a bit more prepared, but unless you're new here, you know that's not gonna happen!

I still wanted to participate in #AskAwayFriday, though; so I did what some other friend's have done and I crowd sourced the questions. So I asked on Facebook and got some questions from friends to answer here. Many thanks to those that submitted questions. What else would I do on a Friday besides bare my soul and tell all?!

If you're not familiar with #AskAwayFriday, it's a great way to meet new people and get really nosy! You pair up and swap ten questions with your partner to be answered in a post on Friday. #AskAwayFriday was created by Penny of The Real Housewife of Caroline County, and is now hosted by these #AskAwayFriday hosts…

NEWAskAwayFridayHost550
Tamara from Tamara Like Camera,
Tiffany from Mrs. Tee Love Life Laughter,
Christy from Uplifting Families,
Stacey from This Momma’s Ramblings
and
Amber from Bold Fit Mom
Here we go!!

1. Echo of Domain of the Mad Mommy asks, "
Which Wreck-it-Ralph character do you relate to the most?"
Of course, I haven't seen this movie, so I was going to have a hard time answering the question and with no time to do research, I turned to the next best solution...I asked the kids! Henry think I am most like Wreck-It-Ralph. Frances thinks I am more like Fix-It-Felix. Now the real question becomes: Should they get in trouble for insulting me, or did they say something nice that I should hug them for!?!?!
2. Tia of BecominNeurotic asks, "What is one of your fondest dreams?"
I'm not sure if you mean dream as in "something that goes through your head while you're sleeping" or as in "a desire for the future." So I'll answer both! My favorite nighttime dream is the one I have where I am walking through a house and I keep opening doors. I think these doors are going to lead into a closet, but they keep opening into new rooms. It's a never ending house. I'm not sure what it means, but in a way it's kind of fun to just keep opening doors over and over again.
My desire for the future is to pay off our debt and be able to move into a larger house where we all have space to breathe without bumping into each other. Also, more than one bathroom!
3. Lisa of The Golden Spoons wants to know, "What was your favorite cartoon as a child?"
Growing up, Alan and I watched TV together a lot. I remember after school we watched two hours straight with, I think, Care Bears, G.I.Joe and then Little House on the Prairie. I also remember that we didn't have a remote so we had to lie on the floor and turn the channels and volume with our toes. Oh, the horror!!

4. She also wants to know, "You can only eat five foods for the rest of your life. Which five would you choose??"
Last week, I only got to eat one food, so this is a generous question! I'd go with sandwiches, pizza, eggs, brownies, and salad. That would give me lots of variety and I don't think I would get bored. I would miss my dad's spaghetti, though. And cookies...Man! This is harder than I thought!


5. Tamara of Tamara Camera Blog inquired, "What is something people are surprised to learn about you when they meet you?"
I think people are surprised to see how short I am. I don't feel short, because it's just what I'm used to. But height is one of those things that obviously doesn't come across online. Unless, of course, I show you this picture of my new friend from Vacation Bible School!! He's 6' 10" and I'm 5'.

6. Christy of Sweet and Savoring wonders, "Would the you from ten years ago recognize the you today? Why or why not?"
10 years ago I had just become a mom, so I'm going to go ahead and say, "No way!!" I've changed so much and learned and grown in so many ways (except height, of course!)

7. Christy of Uplifting Families asks, "What is the best perk you have received being a blogger?"
Tangibly, I've gotten some really fun stuff to review. I love getting new toys for my kids. Recently we got a really fun marble maze that I'll be posting about. I've gotten fun apps, a new purse, and a great skin for my phone too.
Intangibly, I will be forever grateful for the friends I have made, the perspective I have received and for the memories I have recorded here.

8. Amber of Bold Fit Mom asked me, "Which Disney Princess would you be if you could choose?"
I think I'd go with Merida. She's headstrong and not girly. She likes archery and outdoors. She makes her own way and doesn't wait around for someone to rescue her. Plus, she's got annoying brothers! :P

Well, folks, that's all I've got for today! Hope you have a great weekend. Thanks for stopping by!



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a link so I can return the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...