Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Re-visiting the Eighties

Today is Pretend to be a Time Traveler day. If I were given the opportunity to travel through time, I think I would go back to a week in the late 1980s and relive a week from my childhood. In that week, I'd make sure to do all the fun things I remember from being a kid, like:

  1. Have a slumber party at Michelle's house. 
  2. Walk to school down the alley and past those big dogs. I'd do it without running and show those dogs who's boss this time.
  3. Ride my bike down the street to the convenience store and buy some Garbage Pail Kids.
  4. Hide out in the attic room above the garage for a while playing Simon or Uno with my friends.
  5. Hang out in the sandbox in my backyard.
  6. Camp out in my dad's study and watch TV while lying on the carpet and changing channels with my toes. 
  7. Read a whole bunch of Babysitter's Club books.
  8. Play some fun games on our old school (but cutting-edge at the time) Apple Macintosh.
  9. Sneak into John's room and read some of his comic books. 
  10. Let my dad read me bedtime stories in my parents' bed and then carry me to my room afterwards.
Man! Being a kid was fun!!

What would you do if you could travel through time?


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a link so I can return the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...