Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Three Truths and a Lie

We used to play this game in youth group where each person had to introduce themselves by giving two truths and a lie about themselves and the other people in the group would try to guess the lie.  Hilarity ensued while discussing the things people said about themselves and which of them could possibly be true and which one was the lie.  It was a fun way to get to know each other.  Some years we even had people who would list the same three things they had listed the year before and people still couldn't remember which one was the lie!

So today, in the name of getting to know each other, I present three truths and a lie.  Three of the following items are true and one of them is a lie that I made up.  See if you can guess which is the lie!!

  1. My younger brother and I are only 364 days apart.  He was born the day before my first birthday and I call him "the gift I was never allowed to return."
  2. When I was younger I wanted to be a meteorologist.  Then one day a tropical storm came through my town as a result of a hurricane and really scared me.  I have been afraid of weather ever since!
  3. I like most animals but I am terrified of birds. Especially when swarms of them all take off from the same tree at the same time.  I've had to pull over on the interstate because of it.
  4. I once caught a 30+ pound salmon while fishing on vacation with my family.  Then I cleaned it, gutted it and filleted it. Oh, and ate it! Yum!
Tell me in the comments which of these statements you believe is a lie.. Then check back on Monday, and I'll tell you who was right!!

3 comments :

  1. Good game! I know that I would never do number 4 and I have no idea about salmon size but...I'm going with the birds being a lie. I hope I'm right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm guessing #4, too. And I didn't see Carli Alice's comment first, either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I'm guessing you didn't want to be a meteorologist?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a link so I can return the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...