Friday, May 10, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Comfort

Stop. Drop. Write (for five minutes)

Go

Comfort.  It's a comforting word. It reminds me of tight hugs, my dad's spaghetti, and a warm blanket.  {Not all at the same time, though; that would be messy.}

I call my mom every day at lunch.  It's a habit. I even told her once that I can time my lunch breaks by looking at the time when I called her and returning an hour later.  {Again, not that I'm actually on time...}  I just like to touch base and check in.  If for some reason we can't talk for a few days, I start to get antsy.  There have been a few times where I've been mad at her and didn't tell her, but I just didn't call. {Sorry, mom.}  They made be feel really bad. A worse feeling than being upset or hurt about a situation with my mom.

I find comfort in the easy routine of keeping in touch with my mom.  Most days we don't talk about anything at all.  Sometimes I call even when I don't really have time to talk-just to say "I love you" and hear her say the same.  Sometimes we talk for a long time. It doesn't matter how long, or the content of the conversation; I just taking comfort in talking to my Mommy.

Stop


You can check out other answers over at the link-up.
 

5 comments :

  1. Oh, I loved all of this. I love that talking to your mom is what comfort means to you. I hope my own kids feel that way when they grow up. This was just so lovely, Rabia. :) --Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful idea. And your five minutes of writing about the topic "Comfort" and that it's about your mom/daughter relationship was sweet. Thank you for sharing this great site and idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that it is comforting for you to talk to your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always comforting to talk to my mom. I think routines are comforting too so it must me nice to know that you are going to talk to your mom every day at the same time. Happy mother's day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so nice. I don't talk to my mom on the phone a lot. I guess we're both so busy that we both think the other is too busy to talk. Never the case.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a link so I can return the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...