Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day Weekend 2013

Whew!  I need a break from that weekend!  It sure was a busy one.

I started my new summer schedule last week where I get off at noon on Fridays.  I am looking forward to a lot of things with that bit of free time, but this first one I used to run some errands around town and then go to Henry's school.  The Kindergarten classes had "Muffins for Moms" and I was excited to be able to go.  The kids sangs two songs about Moms and then we got to have muffins and juice together. I also got a corsage that Henry had colored for me.
"I love her and she loves me and Mommy is her name-o"
 After the program, I took Henry with me and went to pick up Frances. Her class wasn't quite done, but they were getting ready to be, so we hung out in there for a few minutes.  Henry got to "help" her with her SOL review and I got a chance to chat with her teacher for a bit.

We picked up Benjamin early and went home to find Grandma and Grandpa in our front yard!  According to Henry, Grandpa was there because Grandma came and "Grandpa doesn't like being by himself."

Frances had an early dinner and then my parents took her to her ballet rehearsal. Ken and I stayed home and had movie night with boys.  Neither one of them asked where Frances was that night, but they both woke up confused on Saturday because they couldn't find her.

Henry and Ken headed out early for soccer pictures (that didn't happen) and a game, while I hung out with Ben for a bit and then went to watch the game.  Frances talked my mom into taking her to the mall to hang around; while my dad went to the Green Valley Book Fair. 

After the game, we all met up at the Mall for lunch. I also had an amazing massage from a teeny tiny lady with incredible arm strength!  That felt good!  We did a bit of shopping and I got a new wristlet and a new outfit.

We attempted naps when we got home, but since I like to keep my posts on the positive side we're going to fast forward through the next few hours...(I'll just put this picture here as a place holder.)

mom kid sleep tired

Saturday evening Frances had her ballet recital (which I will post more about tomorrow), after which we all fell asleep, exhausted.

Sunday morning, the kids woke up early and "snuck" out of the room "quietly" while "whispering" about making mommy breakfast in bed.  You moms know why I put those words in quotations, right?  Thought so!  Anyway,  they brought me a nice danish and some juice with some sweet cards, a new shirt, a pretty hair clip and a massage pillow.  Oh, and lots of hugs and kisses.  Those are the best part!

We went to Mass in our Sunday best, including the boys in their Easter suits.  My dad has those pictures.  My mom was happy to see her former priest was preaching at my church. He was moved up here to be the campus minister, so during the summer he will be at our parish on occasion.  I'm sure it was nice for her to see a familiar face.
We didn't try to match on purpose, I promise!

After Mass we came home and had a ham, spinach, mushroom, and cheese frittata with a fruit salad.  My parents got on the road shortly afterwards so they could avoid Sunday traffic on the interstate.  We all attempted naps and then the kids played iPad games together in my bed while Ken grilled salmon and asparagus. Yum!

It was a wonderful Mother's Day for me!  I hope my mom readers had an equally wonderful day!

5 comments :

  1. It sounds like you had a packed and wonderful Mother's Day weekend! Love the Muffins for Moms pictures! Aw!!

    It's adorbs that you and your mom matched without even trying. Mother/Daughter synchronicity!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, I'm glad you had a fun Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a very fun Mother's Day! Glad that you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a lovely day! You and your mom look beautiful together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you had a lovely Mother's Day! I'm so glad! How cute that your mom and you matched!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a link so I can return the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...