Friday, April 19, 2013

Old School Blogging

The Old School blogging meme was started by Elaine at The Miss Elaine-ous Life and Heather at Theta Mom. Their questions for this month are in bold.

How did your husband pop the big question?
It was our 5-year dating anniversary.  I had the feeling that he was going to ask, so I was kinda excited that day.  Then he didn't ask, so I was trying not to be upset. Actually, that's a lie. I was annoyed.  And by late that evening I was bordering on pissed (not proud of that, btw).  Anyway, late that evening I was on the couch pouting.  He came over on one knee and popped the question.   I was very excited and called my family right away.  Later he told me that he had wanted to ask earlier in the day, but I seemed upset about something.  HA!!

What are the three most surprising things about married life?
Three surprising things about married life?  1-It's exciting (sometimes) 2-It's boring (sometimes) 3-It's worth it (all the time)

How did you find out you were pregnant for the first time?
I was teaching at the time. It was my first year and things were stressful.  Things haven't ever been regular for me, if you know what I mean, so when I started feeling queasy and sick to my stomach I thought I had a stomach virus.  When it continued for another week I thought maybe I was dying.  Then we went out for dinner on Ken's birthday and in the middle of eating, something dawned on me.  I asked him to stop at the store for a test on the way home and sure enough-there were those two blue lines! Pretty good birthday present for him, huh?

How did you choose your baby’s first name?
Frances is named after both of my grandmothers.  My maternal grandmother died in February of 2001 and my paternal grandmother died in May.  Ken and I got married that year and we honored both of them with flower arrangements at our wedding.  Since I was teaching while I was pregnant, I knew I didn't want a common or popular name for my child.  I didn't want bad or annoying associations from a kid of the same name to carry over to my own child.  My mom's mom was named Frances (It's my mom's middle name too) and my dad's mom went by Jane.  I thought Frances Jane had a nice ring to it.  Incidentally, we never had any medical confirmation that she was going to be a girl, I just *knew* it and we only had a girl name picked out. 

After I typed that I re-read the question (because I was a teacher and all...) and noticed that I told you a story about my first baby's name instead of the other way around.  Oh well, I'm leavin' it!

Describe where you see yourself 10 years from now.
Ten years from now I will have three teenagers. I hope that my living arrangements will not involved padded cells or bars on the windows. Check back for updates!!

Describe how you find bliss either by using words or images.
Bliss! Such a wonderful word.  I like listening to music. I like being outside on a hot, sunny day with a nice breeze.  I also like cuddling my babies and kissing their heads.

***

How about you, dear readers? How would you answer any of the questions above? If you have a blog, consider yourself tagged to join in the fun! If you do go old school, remember to tweet your post with the hashtag #OSBlog.

10 comments :

  1. I so agree, it's definitely worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the story of how Francis got her name!!
    I can't even THINK about 10 years from now!! My son will have graduated...FROM COLLEGE and my daughter will be graduating from High School. GAH. Now I'm freaking out. --Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes me want to write the stories of my other kids now. I'll add that to my list for when my brain is blank!

      Delete
  3. We only had a boy name picked out when my oldest son was born - we had the hardest time coming up with a girl name. Just like you, it turned out we didn't need one. Funny how that happens, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We only had a girl name the first time and a boy name the second time and those worked out. Unfortunately, I was POSITIVE that Benjamin was going to be a girl, so we had to pick a name in the hospital after he was born!

      Delete
  4. I participated in this blogging meme as well. I love your responses to surprises about marriage. My husband and I have been married for 12 years, and I couldn't agree more to your responses. I'll also have teenagers in 10 years, so I'm too praying "padded cells" aren't involved. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you choose Frances' name! All of our kids have family names for their middle names. And we were like you, we only had one name for all our kids! When my daughter didn't look like the name we had chosen, we had no other name. My mother in law ended up naming her. In ten years, my youngest will have likely graduated college. Wow, I think that makes me older than I would like to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! I participated in this as well and it was actually exciting to talk about some past stuff. And what you say about marriage is perfect and universal..for the good ones, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the name Frances and also love that it's not commonly used now. I can see why as a teacher you'd be more aware of giving your child a name that all the other kids have.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! I feel like I got to know you so much better through this. I loved the padded cells/teenage years comment. I'll be there with my 2 in 10 years for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a link so I can return the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...