Thursday, November 18, 2010

Benjamin's 6 month checkup

Due to a lot of wacky calendar conflicts and crazy work schedule changes, Benjamin's 6 month checkup wasn't until mid-November.  So his stats are slightly off, but still something to remember.  He weighed in at 16 pounds, 3 oz.  and he was 26 inches long.  He started eating solids a few days before his official 6 month birthday.  Avocado was the first thing he had.  He had a hard time getting the hang of eating versus nursing, but once he got it figured out, he has been a really good eater.  I bought a new Ninja blender and have been making his baby food myself--so fun!  I have made him avocado, banana, peaches, applesauce, pears, green beans, carrots, butternut squash, pumpkin, and sweet potato.  I cook them and then stick them in the Ninja for a few pulses. Then I pour the puree out into an ice cube tray until frozen. Then they go into a plastic bag labelled with the food item.  So easy, so fun, and so much cheaper than hundreds of glass jars that I feel guilty about even when I recycle them.  I actually have his teachers at school save me a couple of the other kids' plastic ones with lids so I can bring his cubes to school without worrying about losing my own containers. They just happen to be the perfect size!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a link so I can return the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...