Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Mother's Day

Mother's Day weekend was quite a busy weekend for us. Friday and Saturday, the kids and I were in Williamsburg for a meeting. We got home late Saturday night and had a bit of a hard time putting the kids to bed, especially since Henry had slept most of the way back already.

Sunday morning, we woke up and got ready for church. Got the kids buckled in to their car seats, tuned the ignition, waited...nothing! I was out of gas!! Did I mention that I was supposed to be at church early because some of the teenagers were reading??

We ended up packing everyone into Ken's truck. The kids got seats, but I got to sit on Ken's coat on the floor behind his seat. Thank goodness we live so close to church. Any other day and we might have just walked. Anyway, Ken dropped me off and I ran inside to find Randi ready to go with the book. I was a little bit panicked, and she said, "It's okay, Rabia. We checked the book and made sure it was on the right page. Nichole and Trevor are both here. We got it taken care of." You can say whatever you want about "teenagers these days," but they really showed some awesome responsibility that morning. I guess they were paying attention during that training!


Anyway, after church (and getting gas for the car) we drove over to Culpeper to visit with Ken's parents. It was a beautiful day and the kids got to play outside, walk through the woods, play with Grams' toys, and have their first tractor rides! All in all, it was a great day!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a link so I can return the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...