Thursday, March 12, 2015

Old School Blogging: Childhood Memories, Food, and Bow Ties

It's time for some Old School Blogging hosted by Elaine from The Miss Elaine-ous Life! We're all answering the same questions and you can see my answers below:


If you could be on a reality show which one would you choose? I don't watch much reality TV. I don't actually get much time for TV of my own choosing (Ken has remote privileges when he's home, and that's fine with me.) With that being said, I think I'd like to go on a talent show like American Idol. I never got very far with music auditions in high school, but I've practiced so much more since then...in the shower, in the van, at church...Surely I'd do well, right?? Or maybe I'd just get on the first show where they show all the really bad auditions. That'd still be fun. I'm keeping my day job anyway!
I'd wear an outfit like this too! For sure!

Name one thing you have saved from your childhood? I've saved quite a few things from my childhood. I have my favorite nightgown that I handed down to Frances (and she outgrew recently). I have my apron I used to use when I cooked with my Grandma. It still fits too! (It's got long strings) I have one of my favorite dresses too. Frances wore it as recently as last summer, but I'm pretty sure she's outgrown that now too.


If your life had a theme song what would it be? Just Another Manic Monday! I danced to another Bangles Song in the elementary school talent show. I wish I had some Walk Like and Egyptian pictures to embarrass myself with. I'll have to go digging for those, but Manic Monday seems to describe my life on most days. Kinda crazy, but I love it!

Where is your happy place? The corner cushion of my couch with my snuggle blanket. The kids try to sit there, but they know I'm going to make them move! The cushion fits my rear end perfectly at this point!!

What is one thing about your home that you and your spouse disagree on? Hmmm...Ken and I disagree about where the dirty dishes go. He says they go next to the sink. He's obviously wrong because they go in the sink. As long as they are near the sink I try to stay happy, though.

What is your favorite fruit? Peaches! Ripe, juicy peaches!! I am hoping to go pick some fresh ones one of these days. I know where there's an orchard, we just never get the time to go.

Bowtie or regular tie? Ken mostly wears regular ties, but he does have a bow tie that's extra cute!


D'awww! Ain't he cute!!
Mexican or Italian (food, not men)? Speaking of Ken, I guess I'll have to go with Italian on this one. Oh!! Wait, you said food, NOT men! In that case, Mexican all the way!
TACO NIGHT!!

Where do you want to go on Summer vacation? I've been thinking about taking a nice, scenic drive. We don't really plan summer vacations ourselves and this is an off year for extended family get togethers. We'd really like to go camping, though, so I could imagine us planning a scenic drive to a campground for a long weekend.

What are your go-to shoes in your closet? I just cleaned out the bottom of my closet! I have all my shoes in one bin, with the high-heeled ones hung up around the edges of the bin and the boots next to the bin. My closet is tiny, so there's not a lot of floor space, but this seems to make the best use of what's there.

How about you? Mexican or Italian (men OR food!)? Are bowties cool? Anything from high school still fit you?

19 comments :

  1. I totally had a similar sweatshirt to the one you were wearing in the picture above and totally brought me back on that one 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOTHING from high school still fits me, nope! Okay, your guy looks good in a bowtie, I'll admit. And I totally should have chose "Manic Monday". DUH! Thanks for linking up!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! I'm with you - Italian men & Mexican food. I'm not a huge fan of bowties and I'm am positive that absolutely nothing I wore in high school would still fit me. And, Manic Monday is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is beautiful, I love that your daughter got to wear it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have anything from my childhood - I went to college and my mom got rid of everything I didn't take - RUDE!!!
    I love that Bangles song!
    And, bow ties rock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing from high school still fits me, but I'm not sure that I would want it too. I cringe when I look back at some of my fashion choices. Hah!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a pink dress/shirt just like your Frances and you did! That is awesome that she wore it. I love Manic Monday and blare that song every time it comes on the radio. Oh, and long live shower singers!

    P.S. Extra points on that rocking lemonade stand! Have your written a post on that?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woohoo! Mexican food all the way! That dress is super cute that Frances is wearing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I actually once got up at the crack of dawn and took my friend to Giants Stadium for an American Idol audition. Sadly, she didn't make that first cut but it was a cool experience!
    Follow that dream!
    There needs to be a shower or car singing reality show. Co-Pilot Mom and I were discussing that.
    Manic Monday is great.
    And scenic drives are all I want to do this spring, summer and fall. Get out of our house, winter!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Melissa Hunter-KilmerMarch 15, 2015 at 9:44 AM

    Rabia, you look *adorable* in that first picture! And your kids look so much like you! Also, you're right, Ken looks extra cute in that bow tie. But nooooo, I'm sorry, you are incorrect, as Alex Trebek says—Italian food is much better than Mexican. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. My mom didn't buy me the clothes from the fashion show I was in for JC Penney. I was very upset with her (at the time)!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a few other clothing items from high school that I really need to get rid of. They can't possibly still be in good shape..or style!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not all bow ties look good. Sometimes they look silly. I think I still like them because Ken doesn't wear them all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It was doubly sad when she outgrew it and the nightgown, but I'm saving them anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh no!! My mom is still holding on to stuff for me. Every once in a while she threatens to bring it all to my house, but I have no place to put it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I didn't plan it this way, but I am actually wearing a dress from high school today! Of course I'm wearing it as a tunic over some leggings, but I'm still wearing it! It's a plain green t-shirt type dress, so it wouldn't really go out of style. (Like many of my other high school choices would!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Our friend "Stacey" agrees with that assessment of Mexican food! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I actually weigh a lot less now than what I did in high school but I wouldn't be able to fit into anything because of the way the weight shifted after pregnancy. Weird how that works eh? My hips are wider.
    I love that your happy place is a corner on your couch! Make that yours baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Funny how the pieces of your body shift around, isn't it? I got hips and boobs from my kids, so I try not to complain too much!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a link so I can return the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...