Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Versatile Blogger Award

Blogging has lots of fun awards and honors that are passed around.  Some are silly, some are funny, some pull your heartstrings.  I've been given a few, and recently my friend Lydia at Cluttered Genius awarded me the Versatile Blogger Award. Lydia and I met through SITS and she is a regular entry on my "list of blogs to visit."

In my roles as mother, wife, sister, friend and resident short person, I do indeed have many different uses, chiefly among them:
  • arm rest for people taller than me (i.e. everyone but children)
  • tissue for wayward tears and boogers (from the kids, guys!)
  • sounding board for rants and questions from friends
In looking at the definition I am pleased to note that the first definition is simply "able to do many different things" and NOT  "able to do many different things well."  That would be an entirely different award...and not one meant for me!

I often see people talk about niches in regards to blogging and I have never felt like I fit into one.  I blog about lots of different things because that's what my life is about: many different things. I am not particularly gifted at any one thing, but I have experience with a variety of subjects.  It used to worry me, but it doesn't anymore. Maybe that's because I'm versatile.
In order to accept this award I am supposed to:
  • Create a post to thank the person who nominated me and link back to their blog.
  • Nominate 15 other bloggers that deserve this award. Link back to their blogs. Notify them to let them know of the nomination.
  • Share 7 little known facts about yourself.

7 Little Known Facts About Me

  1. My shoe size, underwear size, and pants size are all the same.  I won't give out a number, though, because a lady has to have some secrets.
  2. I have a serious issue with throwing things away. One reason my house gets so cluttered is that I worry that I'll throw away something that's still useful. I just recycled 12 peanut butter jars with lids yesterday because I finally gave up on finding something to do with them!
  3. I run empty containers through the dishwasher before recycling them.
  4. I still have boxes in my basement from when we moved 11 years ago. We probably don't need that stuff, but I can't bring myself to get rid of them...yet.
  5. I dislike spending money.  I don't do much shopping online or in stores. I even find it difficult to spend money at work, and that's part of my job.
  6. I used to have a pet rat named Nicodemus. He was a classroom pet and a lot of the parents freaked out!
  7. I only wash my hair once a week. I haven't gone completely "no poo" but I've cut way back and I think my hair looks and feels healthier for it.

 15 Versatile Bloggers

  1. Echo at Domain of the Mad Mommy
  2. Amber at Airing My Dirty Laundry
  3. Katie at Pick Any Two
  4. Lisa at The Golden Spoons
  5. Herchel at Scruggbug Corner
  6. Ginny Marie at Lemon Drop Pie
  7. Eli at Coach Daddy
  8. Kim at Day with K-T
  9. Rea at REAlity Bites
  10. Megan at The Walker Fireside Chats
  11. Janine at Confessions of a Mommyholic
  12. Crystal at Mommifried
  13. Chris at The Mom Cafe
  14. Katy at Experienced Bad Mom
  15. Christy at Uplifting Families

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a link so I can return the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...