Monday, March 24, 2014

March Old School Blogging: Randomness

I saw Lisa's answers to this month's Old School Blogging prompt and decided I needed to give it a shot, too! Below you will see a set of random questions and my answers to them. After you've read my answers, be sure you head over to visit the host of Old School Blogging, Elaine, at The Miss Elaine-ous Life and/or this month's co-host, Kim, at Co-Pilot Mom!
What is the last thing you watched on TV?
The last complete show I watched was an episode of Top Gear with Ken. Currently, we're watching an episode of Castle. We are way behind on the series and we've been trying to catch up on nights we're together.
When did you last step outside? What were you doing?
We went to church this morning and then afterwards Ben and I ran an errands to Lowe's to buy a new aerator for the kitchen sink. Exciting, huh!?
What is on the walls of the room you are in right now?
I am sitting in the living room and the walls are painted a lovely shade of green. My brother did it for us one summer while we were out of town. There's not much on the wall, except for some decorative shelves on the wall behind the couch.
wall shelves
If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy?
I would totally buy a new house! And I'd get Ken the truck of his dreams! After that, I'd try to save what was left over. I've got three college educations to pay for, people!!
Tell me something about you that most people don’t know.
I'm having a hard time thinking of anything people don't already know! Oh!! I was a JC Penney model one year for a back to school fashion show. I was about 7 or 8. I had a side pony tail, blue eye shadow and some totally 80s fashion going on. I'll have to check and see if my mom can find the pictures!
EDIT: SHE DID! Aren't I a cutie!?!

Who made the last incoming call on your phone?
I haven't gotten any phone calls all day today! The last person to call me was my friend Julie. She called me back yesterday afternoon to discuss a question I needed some insight on. She gives great advice!!
If you could change something about your home, without worry about expense or mess, what would you do?
Easy peasy!! I would remove the roof and change the top floor to a full story instead of 3/4. I'd add a bathroom up there and give Frances a nice bedroom of her own. I'd also finish the basement with a play room for the kids and some better storage. While we're at it, I'd add a two-story deck off the back of the house; off the main floor with a nice outdoor area and at the basement level with a patio and, heck, even a hot tub!
What was the last thing you bought?
See above for the fascinating story of the kitchen sink aerator! Now my sink only sprays down, instead of all directions!! All for only $4.98!
Would you go bungee jumping or sky diving?
I don't honestly know. I love roller coasters and thrill rides, but both of those seem rather extreme. I would definitely go up and watch someone else try it and then maybe do it myself.
If you could eat lunch with one famous person, who would it be?
I would eat lunch with Jennifer Lawrence. She seems like a really fun, and totally down to earth person.
Which store would you choose to max out your credit card?
I'd go with Target. I could get clothes for myself and the kids, stuff for the house, and food if I needed it. All in one place!
Is the glass half empty or half full?
The glass is half full, literally and metaphorically. I am an eternal optimist. And drinking more water than I ever used to in the past!
What’s the farthest-away place you’ve been?
My mom's family lives in Alaska. I've visited there a few times. It's a beautiful place and I hope to go back again someday.
What’s under your bed?
A few weeks ago I paid Henry to clean out under the bed, so I can say with certainty that the only things under the bed are two storage bins full of out of season clothes and extra pajamas. I won't tell you what's usually under there!
What is your favorite time of day?
My favorite time of day is morning, when I wake fully rested and the rest of the house is asleep. I don't mind getting up early if I don't have to immediately jump into action. It doesn't happen often, so when it does I try to really enjoy it.
What Inspires You?
My kids inspire me. They are such sponges and they soak up everything around them. They are also fairly accurate mirrors, reflecting back their impressions of what they see. Both of those facts inspire me to be a better friend, wife, mother, and person. If they are going to copy what I do, I want to be doing the very best I can.
Don’t forget to tweet your post to @elainea and @copilotmom with the hashtag #OSBlog!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a link so I can return the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...