Thursday, March 20, 2014

#Ask Away Friday with Herchel from Scruggbug Corner


Oh Friday! I made a joke last week about being worried about what to do in case of a five day work-week. Well I still don't know because we were out again this past Monday for snow! ARGH! The calendar now says spring, though, so I've got my fingers crossed for next week. This has been an exhausting week for me at work because I had inventory. This inventory was double the size of the last one I did, so it required a lot more digging around to find stuff. In the end we've located everything but one item, so I'm feeling pretty good about it.

Moving on...For #AskAwayFriday this week I am pairing up with Herchel from Scruggbug Corner. She's got the two cutest little ones, Pork Chop and Pea, and she recently made the move to stay home with them. I've loved getting to know her through her blog, and I am sure you will too, so don't forget to check out her answers to my questions as soon as you're done here.

http://scruggbugcorner.com/

Also, don't forget to check out the #AskAwayFriday hosts:

Penny from The Real Housewife of Caroline County

Amber from Bold Fab Mom

Tiffany from Mrs.TeeLoveLifeLaughter

Stacey from This Momma’s Ramblings


And now for my questions from Herchel...

1. I watched your recent vlog. What is all that white stuff on the ground behind you? Lol I haven’t seen snow in ten years. I know you are sick of it by now, but to keep things on the silver lining side, what is your favorite thing about winter?
You must have talked to my mom yesterday! She was reminding me to be thankful rather than grumping about the weather! I actually heard one great thing about this winter: apparently all the snow and frozen ground has killed off a lot of bug larvae. If we have a bugless spring/summer, then MAYBE this winter will have been worth it!

2. I love how you are working on building your children’s characters. Do you find the “lessons” more effective on your boys or your daughter?
I think for right now the lessons work better on Frances. Or maybe I just think that because I can see the gears turning in her head. She will often talk through her thought process, so I know what she's thinking and why she's thinking that. She naturally has a very kind heart, so I can't really take credit for that. It is heart warming to see Henry trying so hard to earn points and Benjamin trying so hard to copy his siblings (in a good way).

3. What has been your favorite part of your thirties so far?
I think that this is the decade where I've really come to terms with who I am. Some people might think I am abrupt (the didn't use that exact word...), but I think that telling the truth and telling it like it is, is a good thing. I've never intentionally been rude or unkind, but if someone asks my opinion, they I will give it to them! And if something bothers me, I usually say so. I just don't see the sense in holding back on everything I feel just in case it might hurt someone's feelings!

4. What do you miss most about having an infant and what do you miss the least?

The thing I miss most about my babies is how easy they were! I mean, it was hard work without lots of sleep, but there was really only one personality in charge: mine! My babies were very portable and for the most part easy-going. I breastfed all three exclusively, so no matter where I went, all I really needed to pack was a diaper and a change of clothes. The thing I miss least would have to be the sleepless nights! I like sleep. I like it a lot! I felt like a zombie most of the time while I was getting up 2-3 times a night.

5. What is the weirdest quirk that you have (or at least the weirdest one you are willing to share?)

I'm a pretty open book. I think I've shared most of my weird quirks. I pluck the hair on my legs with tweezers. I enjoy flossing my teeth.


6. If you could magically wake up and “be anything” you want to be “when you grow up” what would you be?

Taller!! LOL! Just kidding. I mean I'd love to be taller, but that's not what you meant, is it? I think being an archaelogist sounds really fun. I understand that it's not all digging in the sand and finding dinosaur bones or Egyptian tombs, but I still think it sounds fun to play in the dirt and find fun things!


7. What is your favorite thing about your blog? (it can be a post, picture, anything)

My favorite part of keeping up with this blog would have to be the memories I've collected here. I could spend hours re-reading my old posts and just putting myself back in that place where those things were happening. I also really love the friendships and connections I've made.


8. I am not a pamper myself kind of person, much like you. I would choose to stay home and read on a kid free day rather than get a mani/pedi….What would you do if you had time for yourself?

I would totally stay home and read books all day. That's actually kind of what I did over the weekend and on Monday. I found a free book for my Kindle and read it and then the three sequels straight through over the weekend. My laundry pile suffered greatly because of it, but I'm okay with that.

9. What is your favorite drink? Mine is a toffee nut latte with whip and nutmeg.

My favorite drink is probably one I don't drink terribly often because I've been trying to stick with water, but I really love a frozen strawberry lemonade. Especially on a hot summer day when I can sit int he front yard and watch the kids play while I drink it! Yum!!

10. What is something you love to eat that other people think looks DISGUSTING?

My mom's yogurt soup comes to mind. It doesn't necessarily look disgusting, but people often don't like the sound of it. It tastes amazing, though! I can't really think of anything I eat that looks disgusting. Unless, of course, you ask Benjamin; because to him, almost everything looks "discusting."

And there you have it! Ten more questions asked and answered. Don't forget to check out the rest of the linkup! If youlike to pair up with me just let me know! Have a great weekend!!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a link so I can return the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...