Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Blog Hop: Favorite Recipe

I have been thinking for over a week about which recipe to post as my favorite. Does that mean my favorite to cook? Or my favorite to eat? Or something I cook often? I DON'T KNOW! Plus, I don't have pictures of my food, so this post won't be visually exciting. Sorry!

OK, here goes...Chicken Pot Pie! (This is not really my favorite, but it is good and easy, and that's important too!

You will need:
  • 1 can of chicken, drained or about a cup of cooked chicken cut up
  • 1 can of cream of "fill in the blank" soup (I have used mushroom, potato, and celery with good results)
  • 1 can of mixed vegetables or one small bag of frozen mixed vegetables, defrosted or 2 cups of your own mixed vegetable concoction (already cooked)
  • 1 cup of Bisquick baking mix
  • 1 cup of milk
  • 1 egg

Mix the chicken, soup and veggies in a casserole dish. Mix the Bisquick, milk and egg in a bowl. Pour this mixture over the chicken mixture, evenly. Bake at 400 degrees for about half an hour. It's done when the top is a golden brown.

This recipe is very easy to throw together. I always have the ingredients on hand. You can substitute in lots of different ways. And my kids and husband LOVE it. It's really a winner in a lot of different ways!





MckLinky Blog Hop

5 comments :

  1. Yum! I make a similar chicken pot pie, but I just unroll one of those refridgerated pie crust on top of mine...SUPER easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! This sounds delish. Thanks so much for the recipe because I will for sure be trying it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chicken pies and meat pies...favorites here in Australia!

    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds yummy!!!! Just out blog hoppin and wanted to say hi!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a link so I can return the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...