Friday, July 26, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Broken


1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community...


Five minutes on broken...

GO 
Stuff is real today, y'all!  Our prompt today is on the word broken.  I guess there are lots of way to use that word, but I'm feeling pulled in the direction of broken-ness.  Specifically, my own.  And I don't know if that's something I can share.  You always hear, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."  But what about if it is broken?  Am I broken? I don't feel totally broken, but there are parts of me that don't work the way they used to.  I don't feel the joy in life that I used to.  Life seems harder than usual right now.  We are broke (money-wise) for the third pay cycle in a row.  It didn't happen until July, so that's a plus, right!?!  See? Sunshiney me is still in there somewhere!

But life is just a bit broken right now.  Like I'm off track.  I'm not handling the kids being kids quite as well as I want.  I am not accomplishing as much at work as I should be.  I vacuumed my living room last night and I only say that to mention the fact that I hadn't even seen the floor in there for about 6 weeks.

Henry was in my office this week after an art camp.  He wanted to play with my Harry Potter Legos.  I took a picture before he did, so I could remember how to put it back.

Life has it's ups and downs.  I think maybe we're just in a valley right now.  Things are slightly broken, but I think I know how to put them back together. I have pictures.  Here on my blog, in my head.  I even have directions on how to get started on fixing things.  It's a Book on my shelf that has sat there far too long.  It's a rosary on the dresser that has a bit of dust on it.  It's a Friend I haven't had a good, down and dirty conversation with in a while.  It's time. Friends can you pray with me that I can get started on fixing some things around here?

END

8 comments :

  1. I feel like I am in a valley right now, too. I think money stress always makes it hard to feel too peppy about anything. And summer. Always summer. Hugs to you.-Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that term - being in a valley. And you know there are peaks behind and peaks ahead. Money stress is the worst. We should all get rich off of our writing by now. My birthday gave me the most temporary of reliefs because I got gift money. I promptly spent it on a camera lens and a book. Well hey, I probably won't get to do that until next birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check in with God and see what's up. As a priest I knew once said, "You don't know what to say when you pray? Hey, Jesus is your friend. Treat him like that. 'So, Lord, how ya doin'? How's your mom?'"

    Praying for you and your lovely family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! It really is that easy, isn't it? I saw Frances yesterday (she's with my mom for two weeks) and she was telling me about saying the rosary an the Divine Mercy chaplet with my mom at church. The light in her eyes really brought joy to my heart! I miss feeling that way, and I guess it's up to me to fix that, huh?

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes, when we're broken, we're put back together in even a more sturdy and solid way than we were in the first place. Sending lots of love. xo

      Delete
    2. Ilene, first of all I am so sorry, but instead of replying to your comment, I accidentally deleted it. I have restored it above (under my name).
      Secondly, thank you so much for what you've said. IT really means a lot to me. Maybe this is a good time to find the weak points and really shore them up!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a link so I can return the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...