Monday, April 29, 2013

Benjamin's Birthday Bash!

Well, my baby turned three yesterday and I survived it!!  He woke up before his siblings on Sunday morning and met me in the living room.  "I'm three, Mommy!" were the first words out of his mouth!  The next words out of his mouth were, "Can I watch TV?"  so we snuggled up on the couch until the rest of the household awoke.

We started our day with his requested breakfast of cereal (not chicken) and then got ready for church.  He wouldn't let me take a picture of him with his birthday shirt on, so you'll have to settle for a picture of the shirt by itself.

three, birthday, monkeys
I am especially proud of this one.  I got the three monkeys positioned exactly the way I wanted them and he loved it!! (He just didn't want to stand still for a picture.)

After Mass, we went home and sent Daddy to the store for last minute party stuff.  We had a small party, but it was full of people we love, so we had a great time.  I didn't get as many pictures as I wanted because I was too busy chatting and watching the kids play.

I think his cake turned out pretty well. I had a picture online that I was trying to follow for the decorations. The cake itself was a really dense strawberry cake.  As Julie pointed out, "It's so dense there are barely any crumbs!" And the best part is that there were not leftovers, so I don't have to use my willpower to not eat cake all week!

Team Umizoomi
As usual, the kids had a good time climbing on Grandpa and Uncle Alan.  I'm pretty sure everyone slept well last night!







8 comments :

  1. What a precious shirt!! And awesome cake.

    I'm glad he had a good birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy, Happy Birthday, Benjamin!! I'm so glad he got to spend some time with Grandpa and his beloved Uncle Alan!! :)
    The shirt is adorable. I can never get patterns on fabric to work out just so, so I'm doubly impressed with the cuteness!! --Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww..Happy Birthday to that adorable kid. The cake is amazing! Great job! My cakes always look like a three-year-old wrote on them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to Benjamin! Three is wonderful. Looks like it was a fantastic day. The cake looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday to your little fella! That shirt is adorable, and you did a great job on the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww Happy Belated Birthday to your son! That cake looks super good and yaaaaay to no leftovers! My willpower is awful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Benjamin! sounds like a perfect day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a link so I can return the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...