Thursday, February 28, 2013

My Sweet Boy Singing Sweetly

My kids are kinda noisy at Mass.  I know this because I've been told.  Twice. By the same person, who I now go out of my way to avoid on Sundays.  We sit in the same pew every week, she can sits lots of other places.  The people around us seem to enjoy my children and not mind too terribly much about the noise.  I try to keep them mostly quiet, but there's only so much I can do.

The things is, I think it's important for them to be there.  In fact, I've been told that as well.  There are more people who have told me to bring my kids to Mass than there are people who have complained. I've seen more evidence here that we're doing the right thing.

I also know that my kids are getting more out of it than I think sometimes. Benjamin started singing spontaneously in the car yesterday while we were waiting in the pickup line.  This is his song (I know we aren't supposed to sing "Alleluia" during Lent, but I gave him a pass.  He's not quite three yet.):



*And, yes, I know his carseat straps are too loose.   I didn't notice when I buckled him in. They have been tightened.*

5 comments :

  1. What a cutie! It's hard to keep kids (especially toddlers) quiet at church, but yes, it is important to be there, and you do the best you can! :) Keep up the good work! :)

    Thanks for stopping by Natural and Free for my SITS Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! And his giggles are infectious. One day my daughter (3 1/2) started singing "Dayenu," a Hebrew song sung at Passover. I couldn't even imagine where she learned it since it definitely wasn't from me...very cute, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cutie! Also? I laughed at the disclaimer about the straps... the "danger" of posting any sort of carseat picture/video online, huh? Finally, you're doing the right thing; kids should definitely be in church. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AW!!! This is totally precious!! I cant believe anyone would dare to insinuate that your children shouldn't be at mass. Bah!
    --Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy moly, he's cute. I say we CAN sing Alleluia during Lent. If it weren't for this season, we wouldn't be saying Alleluia, right? :) He's precious.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a link so I can return the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...