Wednesday, February 27, 2013

I'm Wondering Wednesday

I'm linking up with Venassa over at "A Life of Our Own" to answer some random questions
1. What's your dream job? It has to be an actual job that exists. 
I love my job and I love the people I work with, but I have honestly dreamed about an archaeologist or a crime scene investigator.  I don't think I could actually be a crime scene investigator because of all the gore and sadness, but I could totally rock the khaki shorts and pith helmet to hang out in the sun all day long looking for dinosaur bones.
2. What's your biggest cooking or baking fail?
Does it count if I was 11?  I wanted to make cookies and the recipe called for 1 1/4 cups of butter. I read it as "eleven fourths" which my math obsessed brain triumphantly deduced was 2 and 3/4 cups.  Needless to say, these cookies were a huge flop...or more accurately a drip.  All over the sides of the pan and in to the oven.
3. What's the largest age gap between you and someone you dated? And the age gap between you and your current partner?
I think I've pretty much always dated people around my own age. When I was a freshman in high school I dated a junior, but if you want to go by intellectual age or maturity, there wasn't much difference!!  Ken and I are 1 year, one month and one week apart.
 4. Where do you spend most of your internet time? 
Facebook and blog hopping.  I think more on the blog hopping because there doesn't seem to be as much going on on facebook lately.
5. When you were a kid, what names did you swear you were going to name your children, that you wouldn't now? 
When I was younger I was going to have a girl named Penelope Gwendolyn.  Her nickname would have been "Penguin."  I had a bit of an obsession!!


7 comments :

  1. Your baking fail made me chuckle because I had a very similar baking fail when I was young. I wanted to make a cheese cake, but completely misread the amount of cream cheese the recipe called for. I think I put like, 5 packages instead of 5 cups or something silly like that. Big whoops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure I've had similar baking fails in my time! I used to try to bake all the time when I was kid. Usually behind my mother's back :p
    When I first read the part about Penguin, I didn't get it, but then it hit me and that's really clever! I'm not a fan of the name Penelope, but I actually really like the name Penny lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ps.. thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to tell you my cooking fail! I was..29 or so. I wanted to make sweet potato fries and I followed the recipe to a "T." I poked holes in the sweet potatoes, cut them into rectangles, dipped them in oil and garlic salt and...baked them as followed. You know why they didn't come out crisply? I used baked sweet potatoes! Not raw! My husband laughed at me for days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's for the best that you didn't go with Penguin.

    Although I've had COUNTLESS cooking fails over the years, the best one was when I was 11 and used 1/4 CUP of salt in the recipe instead of 1/4 TSP. Those were the grosses cookies ever baked by human hands. And my dad loved me so much, he still ate 3.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The baking fail made me laugh :) I once made these espresso cookies that turned out looking like dog turd. Threw. Them. Out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a link so I can return the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...