Thursday, September 6, 2012

Today is...



Fight Procrastination Day!!  Not really my kind of day! Sometimes I consider myself to be a professional procrastinator, but I am really trying hard to get out of that habit. In the end procrastinating makes things lake longer than they should, so ultimately my motivation for not procrastinating is laziness!
For example, I have noticed that when I wash my pots and pans right away, I usually only have to give the insides a quick wipe and they are clean.  If I procrastinate and stick them in the sink, stuff gets dried on them and the outsides get dirty. That makes it more work when I eventually clean the pans. Avoiding more work in the future is my motivation for cleaning my dishes right away. Laziness wins!
I work in an office and sit at a desk most of the day. When I get home from work, I immediately put on my pajamas.  If I put my skirt or pants on a hanger right away, I can save myself from having to wash them.  If I drop them on the floor instead, it creates more laundry for later. A little bit extra effort on the front end makes for less work in the future. Laziness wins again!!
I have been working hard to make new habits for myself and teach better habits to my kids. All I truly want to do is relax on the couch when I get home. Truth be told, if I let myself sit down, I have a very hard time getting back up.  But if I keep moving, then I am much more likely to get things done.  And then, after the kids have gone to bed, I can sit on the couch and relax without feeling guilty that I should be doing something else.
What are you procrastinating about that you should be doing?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a link so I can return the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...