Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Girl Time

Frances has been asking for "girl time" a lot lately.  She's also been misbehaving. I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to figure out that the two are related.  She was supposed to have her first First Communion class last night at church, but it was cancelled because of a problem at church.  I already had a babysitter lined up for the boys. And I am smart enough to fear the consequences of getting between Henry and his Ariel time!
All signs pointed to girl time, so when I picked up Frances I told her we could spend the evening together, just us.  "You mean like 'girl time?'" she said.  :)
I asked her what she wanted to do first and she directed me to go home so she could get her purse.  "It makes me feel a little bit like a grown up, Mommy."  Then she decided we should go to Golden Corral because she was "one time behind the boys."  Apparently there was a time that the boys got to go to Golden Corral and she didn't. (I confirmed that with Ken this morning and he says it was a LONG time ago.)
This was after she went to the bathroom and used the vortex hand dryer on her head. Can you tell??
Frances made the largest salad I have ever seen with lots of strange ingredients.  To her credit she did eat almost all of it before I told her it was time to go dip some stuff in the chocolate fountain (which was more of a puddle for some reason last night).  As I was getting out my purse to put down a tip, Frances stopped me and asked me if she could leave the tip. She looked so proud of herself (and grown up) that I couldn't say no to her and she put her only $2 down on the table.
After dinner we headed to Kohl's. My mom had told her to look for a specific headband that Frances had wanted on a previous trip and my mom hadn't gotten for her.  We couldn't find that, but we did look around at lots of jewelry and clothes.  She didn't see anything she wanted (and neither did I).
I did end up finding a scooter for Henry that was on sale. It wasn't big enough for her, so she picked out a jump rope.  We paid for our stuff and headed home.
I'm glad I got to spend some time with my sweet girl.  I guess I needed some girl time too.

1 comment :

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a link so I can return the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...