Thursday, February 9, 2012

Tired Thankful Thursday

I made it to work early again today! 4 days in a row!! This time Frances had brushed her teeth and hair and I had my earrings!  So what did I forget? Well I didn't technically forget Henry, but he didn't come with me.  He was up all night coughing. It was a nice, tight, squeaky cough. I had given him a breathing treatment before bed, and then I gave him one around midnight, 2am and 5am. He sounded better this morning, but since Ken had the day off, I figured he could stay home and rest some more. I slept with him on the couch so I didn't have to keep going in his room. He made a pretty good snuggle buddy when he was sleeping and I was able to get up quicker when he started coughing to get the nebulizer started. He is apparently playing legos with Daddy and getting ready to build a pirate ship!
I am thankful that he seems better this morning, rather than worse. It seems when he gets a cold it goes straight to his lungs, but we have learned that if we get the nebulizer out right away we can usually keep things from getting worse.  Last night when I gave him the treatment, Benjamin got jealous because the last time we used the machine it was for him.  I had to get an extra set of parts to give to Benjamin so he could do a "breathing treatment" too!
I am thankful today for a low stress job that I can perform when tired.  It used to be very hard when I was in child care. Being tired and dealing with children is not the ideal. Now, if I am cranky, I don't do permanent psychological damage!
I am thankful for the students I work with. They are great to talk to and just fun people. One of the students is taking Frances on Friday when she is out of school. Sounds like they are going to the Children's Museum, and then Megan has horseback riding lessons that Frances can watch and Megan is going to do some evaluations on Frances. (She a psychology grad student and Frances is her favorite lab rat!)
Hope I can make it through the day without falling asleep at my desk!! And as a side note, I now have spare earrings in my desk!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a link so I can return the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...