Thursday, January 26, 2012

Thankful Thursdays

Oh...Blogging. How I have missed you. I have been doing some work on the header and background here and I am mostly happy with it.  I made it pink for Valentine's Day.  Awwwww..... And of course there's no point in revamping the layout if I don't put some content here for people to read (hi Mom!!). Since today is Thursday, I thought I would post a Thankful Thursday to try and get me back on track.
  • I am infinitely thankful for my new job. I love what I do. I love the people I work with. I love helping the students who come in.  I have a regular schedule, Monday through Friday, 8-5.  I have an hour long lunch break that is just enough time to go home, eat lunch, run a load of laundry and sometimes even get dinner started.  I have vacation time and sick days and personal days.  I feel like things are just so much more consistent now.  I am very thankful and truly blessed to have come across this job posting back in June.
  • My family is another thing I am thankful for. I had a good amount of time off at Christmas and we were able to travel a bit. We got to spend time with Ken's dad, brother and sister in law as well as my niece, Abby.  I got to go home and see my parents and little brother. The kids and I also got to take a trip to my brother John's house and visit with him and Jessica and meet their dogs. Frances and Benjamin LOVED the dogs!! Henry was a little wary of them. He likes the idea of dogs; not so much the dogs themselves.
      We are also in the process of trying to plan a family reunion with my dad's side of the family.  We all got together two years ago in June and had a really great time. This time Benjamin would be along for the ride.  We are looking at renting some cabins in a state park and hanging out together for a week. It sounds exciting and I can't wait to see everyone again!
  • In all honesty, things are good right now and it is pretty easy to say that I am thankful for everything.  Things aren't perfect, but I don't really expect them to be.  I just feel like I am in a good place right now. With my family, my kids, my job, all of it.  I am a happy camper!! Except for those two grey hairs I discovered this month!!

1 comment :

  1. Prayers really do work!!
    Pull those hairs out!!
    You are a great writer...Love you,M

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a link so I can return the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...