Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Proof They Are My Children

Frances has been a little clumsy lately and has fallen down a few times. She has a nasty scrape on her elbow, another one on her knee and a big gash down the front of her leg.  After her bath tonight Ken and I were trying to decide what to do about them (bandage them up for the night or let them breathe...). So I asked Ken, "What shall we do with Frances' boo-boos?" He said, "hmmmm...I'll be right back." and walked off. I jokingly shouted after him, "The carving knife is in the knife block!" Sure enough, as expected he comes back with something sharp...a HACKSAW!! Frances started gasping and giggling and my dear, sweet, little boy looks at Ken and says, "Cut her!" We were impressed that #1 he knew what the hacksaw was for and #2 that he saw fit to use it on his sister.

**Please note that no children were harmed in the making of this dialogue. The act of cutting off damaged limbs is a running joke ino ur household because it diffuses the hurt and makes the kids giggle.**

1 comment :

  1. Hey, it's still a pro-life action if the kid survives, isn't it? -- Joking!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a link so I can return the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...