Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thankful Thursday

This week I am feeling tired again, but I also want to push myself to be thankful even on days when it doesn't come easily. Henry has a strange fever, that turns out not to be the flu. I'm not sure what that actually means and if it makes me feel better or not. Frances had to miss ballet to take him to the doctor and she was a really big trooper about it.

This week I am thankful for:

  • My co-workers at both jobs. I know I can count on the people I work with at any time for anything. We have been going through some "things" at the day care and I am really impressed with how well everyone is working together. We have a really awesome staff right now and I am proud to be a part of it. At the church, I am again awed by how the conversations at lunch can go from serious to silly, from theological to flip, and all in a supportive way. Today we had a discussion about our favorite candy bars and it was funny to listen to the memories these guys have of eating candy bars together!
  • My resilient daughter. Sweetheart, I know how much you hate missing ballet class. And today was especially hard because you looked so cute in your leotard, but when I said we had to take Henry to the doctor instead all you said was "OK!" I love that you are usually so easy about last minute changes in plans; that you are able to handle disappointment without flipping out. I hope this trait will serve you well in the future.
  • My wii! Doggone that thing is fun! I have been bowling and playing Super Mario Brothers this week. It's funny how quickly that game comes back! I almost feel like I am on auto pilot even though it has been YEARS since I last played it. This was a big purchase for us and I was really worried about it, but I am, really enjoying it so far, and hope to get a wii fit soon so I can actually get some exercise.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a link so I can return the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...