Friday, July 11, 2008

Cow Appreciation Day


Frances and Kendra getting ready to eat.
The kids saying "hi" to the cow.

The 3's as they get off the bus and head to Chick-Fil-A!

My class before we left! Say "MOO!!"

Today was "Cow Appreciation Day" at Chick-Fil-A. We loaded up the three-year-old class along with the 4's, and the school-agers and headed over to get some free chicken. All the kids wore white t-shirts with black spots taped to them or drawn on them. We also made masks to go along with the costume. Some of the kids had tails as well. We tried to make udders out of blown up latex gloves, but most of the kids popped them. We got there fairly early (around 10:45) and got our free Kids' Meals (all 22 of them)! They ate lunch, played in the play area and had a visit from the cow. Only one of our little ones was afraid of the cow! I was worried more than that would be.
I, of course, dressed like a cow too. I wore all brown with a white tail and my own udder. I also colored a mask, but it's hard to keep track of 3-year-olds while wearing a mask. Sadly, I don't have any pictures of myself. I'm sure someone took one, but I haven't got a copy of it.
My favorite part of the day was this morning while I was getting myself ready. I had just attached my udder when one of the parents dropped off her son. She laughed at me and said, "You know, you'll have to explain what that's for." and walked down the hall. Then I looked down to see Frances holding her stuffed cow up to the udders. "My cow is hungry, Mommy." she says. I guess she knows where they're for!!!

1 comment :

  1. Thanks fun! Thanks for hooking up to the Hump Day Hook Up

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a link so I can return the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...