Thursday, June 26, 2008

Thankful Thursdays

Three weeks in a row!!! Since I am only picking three things each week, sometimes it is hard to narrow it down. I am thankful for so many things, but I am trying to pick things that have had a major impact on my week. This week it happens to be three people:



  • My son, Henry. He is awesome. He changes so much everyday, but he is still my sweet little baby. I am often late getting ready in the mornings and it is usually his fault. I just finished nursing him and he fell back asleep. I like to lie in bed and just watch him sleep. He finds that thumb so fast!! And I rub his little peach fuzz head. His cheeks (both sets) are ever so squeezable! He loves the water-baths and pools. He constantly crawls into the bathroom and tries to climb in the tub. He's actually done it before! Right into Frances' bath!! What a splash. And then he played for a bit and climbed back out! That was a bit of a slippery catch for me. He is also trying his hand at surfing with his sister:
  • I am thankful for Julie. She is getting married in 2 days!!! We met at church and she has been my right hand ever since. She is Henry's godmother. She is the one who drove me to the hospital when I had kidney stones in January. She has watched the kids any time I have needed her. She has actually called to "borrow" them when she knew I needed a break, but refused to ask!! Now that is a friend! Frances and I have the honor of participating in her wedding this weekend. I am proud to stand at the altar and support my friend as she begins a new life as a wife. And I am especially looking forward to repaying all the babysitting (but I'll give her a chance to just be married first!)
  • I am thankful for my boss, Pam. If you have met this woman, you have seen the face of God. She would do anything to help anyone. She gave me a job when she didn't really have a job to give. She has been flexible with that job to allow me the time to have my second job at my church (not because I needed more money, but because I wanted to serve the youth at my church). She has raised two AMAZING daughters- and I hope that mine turns out just as well. She is a friend, a mentor, and a second mom to me. I don't know where I would be without her hand in my life.

I thank God daily for all three of these people in my life. There are many others of course, but I have set my limit at three or else I would be really late for work!

6 comments :

  1. You have adorable children! Such sweet faces! Your story about your son reminds me of when mine was small. They grow up so quick. They are really something to be thankful for! Thanks for sharing yours! God Bless~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow they are pretty kids and its really a big thanks to God of this. Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your children are so very cute, may God sweetly bless them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such adorable children. Enjoyed reading your TT list. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable picture of the children! They are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cool that you have such a great friend who is giving you hand with the children. How exciting to be at her wedding :)
    What a great boss you have - that is awesome that she is supporting in your second job to give the time you need :)

    Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us.

    Be blessed today and always...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a link so I can return the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...