Friday, September 8, 2017

My Nobel Prize

"Family, friends, co-workers (haha),
I am here to express my thanks for all of your support through the nomination process until now. I wouldn't be standing here without your support and your understanding.

First I would especially like to thank my parents. They brought me in to the world and raised me in such a way that I hope they are proud of me standing here today. My brothers, as well, were with me on this journey and I should probably admit that I learned much of what I know from their example.

Next I'd like to express my appreciation to my husband and my children. There were certainly some rough times where we weren't really sure that this was worth it. Sleepless nights, worry, and stress. These things could have broken a lesser person, but with you all to back me up, I was able to stick with it.

Lastly, to my co-workers I acknowledge my gratitude. You all have stood by me through the questions, the deadlines, the meetings, and more. I truly wouldn't be here today, accepting this Nobel Prize for Goofing Off without you.

Hey! Wait a minute! Where are you taking me?! Why are all the things from my desk boxed up like that? What's going on here?? What do you mean there's no Nobel Prize for Goofing Off?? I won this award fair and square!! I worked so...I mean, I earned, Well I...Never mind. I get it. It's a set up. I should have known better than to accept an award for Goofing Off."

<END SCENE>


Welcome to a Secret Subject Swap. This week 10 brave bloggers picked a secret subject for someone else and were assigned a secret subject to interpret in their own style. Today we are all simultaneously divulging our topics and submitting our posts.

Here are links to all the sites now featuring Secret Subject Swap posts. Sit back, grab a cup, and check them all out. See you there:

Baking In A Tornado
Cognitive Script
The Blogging 911
The Bergham Chronicles
Southern Belle Charm
Bookworm in the Kitchen
Never Ever Give Up Hope
Part-time Working Hockey Mom
Climaxed

My subject is "Congratulations on your Nobel Prize! Which one did you win, and why?!" It was submitted by: http://berghamchronicles.blogspot.com

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a link so I can return the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...