Friday, March 10, 2017

What You Think About, You Bring About

I watched a clip of some daytime talk show a while ago. I think it was even an ad. They were talking about statement bracelets. One of the women was showing off her bracelets and mentioned why she had chosen the words she did, "What you think about, you bring about."

I really liked the saying, but of course, forgot the exact wording fairly quickly. I tried searching for variations of it, but I just couldn't find it. Then I saw the ad again and watched just to get the phrase written down. It's really stuck with me since then.

I'm not sure exactly where it comes from. Googling the phrase yields a lot of results, but no concrete source. It seems that it's a very quotable quote. It's certainly stuck with me. I even mentioned it to the kids and they quote it at each other sometimes.

I've had reason to think about it again lately. I am slowly coming out of something that in retrospect looks a lot like depression. Situational? Post-partum? Who knows? I just know that the last year has been a lot of tree-staring and not much forest visible. Does that make sense?

Things are looking up in terms of housing and the stress that had been holding me down is starting to lift. We still have struggles, and I'm still worried about fallout for the kids from all the stress. One of them has had an exceptionally hard year and I'm in the process of scheduling therapy to get a handle on that.

Previously I was a very happy, glass-half-full kind of person. I don't feel that way as often anymore. I'm trying to, though. One of the things that has helped me seems a little silly, but it works. I have two rings that I wear on my right hand. One says "Be still" and has a bible verse on it. The other is a simple silver band with the word "hope" on it. Seeing those words on my hand on a daily basis has helped me to refocus my brain and look for the positives. It does seem that what you think about, you bring about.

Welcome to a Secret Subject Swap. This week 12 brave bloggers picked a secret subject for someone else and were assigned a secret subject to interpret in their own style. Today we are all simultaneously divulging our topics and submitting our posts. Here are links to all the sites now featuring Secret Subject Swap posts. Sit back, grab a cup, and check them all out. See you there:

Baking In A Tornado 
Dinosaur Superhero Mommy
Spatulas on Parade
The Diary of an Alzheimer’s Caregiver  
The Bergham Chronicles
Never Ever Give Up Hope
Simply Shannon 
Confessions of a part time working mom 
Southern Belle Charm 
The Angrivated Mom 
Climaxed 

My subject is “How to make positive life changes.” It was submitted by Confessions of a part time working mom.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a link so I can return the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...