Saturday, April 16, 2016

N: None of Your Business #AtoZChallenge


It's Saturday. I'll be honest. I'm not planning on having much time to read blogs or respond to comments, but I started on this challenge and I mean to finish it. I was tossing ideas around in my head and my eyes fell on a post-it on my desk. I had jotted down a few anecdotes from the kids and then never posted about them. One of them fit quite well with the letter "N," so here is a much belated story about my sassy son, Benjamin.

He has a flip phone that used to belong to one of my parents. He carries it around and pushes the buttons and pretends to make phone calls on it. Sometimes he calls me and I have to pretend to talk to him on my phone. A while back he "called" Grandma.

See this sassy face? Keep it in mind!
I only overheard his half of the conversation. Mainly because it's a NON-WORKING PHONE and there was no other side to the conversation. Except in his head, maybe. His side was very cute and full off, "uh-huhs" and "maybes" and lots of other inconsequential sounds that people tend to make on the phone. He ended with "I love you. Bye!" and he snapped the phone shut. (I miss being able to do that!)

"Who were you talking to, Buddy?" I asked him.

"Grandma."

"Is she doing okay?"

"Uh-huh."

"Well, that's good. What did you guys talk about?"

And then he looked at me with a sweet little grin on his face and said, "We talked about 'none of your business' stuff."

And then I had to go call my mom for real to pass along the story. After I finished laughing, of course!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a link so I can return the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...