Friday, August 15, 2014

Five Minute Friday: Tell

Five Minute Friday has a new home! Come check it out and join in on the free-writing fun!
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community...


Five minutes on tell...

GO 


Today is the last day of summer camps and three-year old Pre-K. It's the last day of my flexible, fun, summer schedule.  It's time to get back into school mode and new routines.

We visited the kids' new classrooms yesterday. It took a long time. Over an hour at each school.  Henry and Frances had so many people they wanted to visit at the elementary school.  They had stories to tell and hugs to give.

Frances was a bit more quiet at the middle school. There's so much uncertainty there. New things surrounding her and unfamiliar sights and sounds.

And I'm stuck in between being excited for the new adventures and being worried.

There's so much I want to tell them about growing up. So many lessons I wish I could impart. Things I've learned, some the hard way. But what can I say that they will hear?

These are their lives to life, and while I can gently push them in the right direction, I can't always tell them what to do. They have to make their own choices, their own mistakes, their own ways in this world.

What I can tell them is this: 
I love you.
I believe in you.
I've got your back.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a link so I can return the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...