Friday, August 1, 2014

Five Minute Friday: Begin


1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community...


Five minutes on begin...

GO 

I haven't done a Five Minute Friday in a while.  I've had other things scheduled and I've been doing other things. So I find it somewhat amusing that the week I decide to try it out again, is the last week that it's being hosted in its original home.  Things are always changing, huh?

Sometimes we miss the changes, sometimes we catch them just in time. Sometimes changes are something to be feared or dreaded and sometimes they are welcome. 

Today we begin the month of August. August brings change with it. The kids will go back to school in a little over two weeks. Frances will begin middle school. Benjamin begins his last year in pre-school. As always, Henry is in the middle!

I am excited for new beginnings. I am also a little nervous. Will my girl thrive her her new school? I assume that she will even if there are bumps. She's a pretty amazing kid, after all.  Will Benjamin flourish in his last year of pre-school? Will he deepen his friendships and broaden his learning? I assume that he will. He's pretty awesome in those respects already. Will Henry enjoy second grade? It's always been my favorite.  

This is the year of nostalgia for me as he goes through the year in the grade that I taught. It brings up lots of memories; almost all of them good at this point.  But I do still miss teaching sometimes.  It's just that, often, life asks us to begin something else.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a link so I can return the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...