Wednesday, July 16, 2014

The Half Way Point of Summer

As I was looking at my calendar, I noticed that my kids have 10 weeks of summer. Since this is the middle of the 6th week, summer seems to be coming to a close. In fact, stores are now putting out their "Back to School" sales and I just heard an ad on the local radio station this morning promoting the annual school supply collection for needy kids.

I'm not quite ready for summer to be over, since it is my favorite season and all.  Instead of thinking of it as halfway over, I want to focus on all the adventures yet to come!  I still have a lot of stuff on my summer bucket list to get done!

My kids have had an awesome time so far and we've got plenty of adventures left to go.  In fact we've got our first family-of-five beach trip coming up with Ken's family.  Benjamin can hardly wait until we leave! And I'll admit to my own excitement since I haven't had a beach vacation in about 8 years!

I'm no good at being wordless on Wednesdays, but here are some pictures of the kids' adventures so far this summer. They've done outdoor camp (both), STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) camp (Henry) and overnight camp (Frances), and had some time with Grandma and Grandpa. Frances even got to take apart the old ceiling fan, because...what else were we going to do with it!?




Ben is still too young for camps (he will get a week at Camp Grandma and Grandpa), but while the bigs are away, the mini and I had a bunch of fun being silly and having archery lessons!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a link so I can return the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...