Friday, April 18, 2014

Five Minute Friday: Glue


Five Minute Friday


1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community...


Five minutes on glue...

GO

My Five Minute Friday fingers feel rusty. It's been a while since I've participated and I've really missed it. I like the challenge of getting my thoughts out on the page in five minutes and not worrying as much about how they sound. I've been having lots of fun with #AskAwayFriday, but there's been a change in leadership and this was a good week to take a break.

Today is Good Friday. We went to Mass last night for Holy Thursday. Frances and I both had our feet washed. I got a little teary during the foot washing. I think it's such a beautiful reminder of being servants like Jesus was. We didn't stay long after the Mass because both boys were asleep and getting heavy. We'll go again tonight for the Good Friday service. It always feels like such a somber day, but I really appreciate it.

I think the Triduum is the glue that holds my spiritual year together. The ceremony and remembrances at this time of year really solidify for me what my faith is all about. It reminds me why I believe in what I believe. And I love to see my kids learning these lessons and starting to really comprehend them.

Henry was excited last night to look for he garden and to pray with Jesus. He was actually sad this morning when I told him he'd missed it because he'd fallen asleep. Hopefully as he gets older, he'll stay awake for more of it and appreciate it more and more.

STOP

Have a blessed Triduum, friends!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a link so I can return the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...