Thursday, January 30, 2014

#AskAwayFriday with Lisa from The Golden Spoons

Happy Friday!! We're having a heat wave around here with Friday temps that are supposed to be in the upper 40s! It's practically bikini weather!!

This week I am pairing up with Lisa from The Golden Spoons for another round of #AskAwayFriday. If you are not familiar, #AskAwayFriday is a great way to meet new bloggers and to get to know other bloggers even better. Each week you pair up and swap 10 questions with your partner, to be answered in a blog post on Friday.  It is hosted by Penny at The Real Housewife of Caroline County and Amber from The Bold Fab Mom.


Below you'll find my answers to Lisa's questions.  Then you can hop over to her blog and see her answers to mine! You can also click the picture below to see the rest of the linkup.

http://www.rhocc.com/search/label/%23askawayfriday


1. How would you finish this sentence? "A funny thing happened on the way to . . . ." 
...ballet this week.  Frances has class on Wednesday nights and it's tight for us.  Because of all the weather issues we've had, we haven't really gotten back into the ballet habit this semester, so I didn't realize that Wednesday meant ballet until part way through my day.  I decided to skip my lunch break, get off an hour early, and go home to get dinner and ballet stuff ready.  I got home and threw together three dinner boxes, found the ballet bag, and sat on the couch for "just a few minutes to myself."  As you can probably predict, I got sidetracked and left a few minutes later than I intended.  Then Frances took forever to change into her leotard because her "feet were sweaty and stuck to the tights."  Then I got to hear the story of Benjamin getting caught "red handed" at school.  By the time we all got in the van, we were already late.  And then I realized that I had forgotten dinner.  So I had to swing back by the house.  Thankfully everything is in fairly close proximity and Frances ended up only being 10 minutes late.

He colored his hands completely red with a marker (so he could be Iron Man). Then he put a Babybel cheese rind on his nose.

2. What is your favorite type of music and what song could you listen to on repeat for hours? 
I love music.  I listen to it all the time. But honestly, I'm not terribly picky about genres.  I usually listen to top 40, but I've got a Christian radio station and a Country station programmed in my van.  Heck, I've even got NPR saved in there!  If I had to listen to a song on repeat, it would have to be an instrumental song.  Maybe something by Enya.

3. I read the unique story behind your name. How did you choose the names for your children? Do they have any special meanings? 
I was teaching when I got pregnant with all of my kids.  One thing I knew for certain was that I did not want to name my kids with names that I would be hearing all day, over and over again.  I wanted something that was classic and not trendy. I wanted names they wouldn't have to pronounce and spell over and over again until people got them right.  And I wanted something that had a story.

Frances is named after both of my grandmothers.  They both died shortly before I got married, so she never met either of them, but she knows stories about her Grandma Frances and her Grandma Jane. 

Henry is named after Ken's grandfather and Ken and his father as well.  Ken didn't want a child named Ken, but he was okay with using his middle name (which is Ken's father's first name).

Benjamin was supposed to be a girl, or so I thought. I only had a girl name picked out.  So when he was born, we had to scramble to find a name.  When Ken suggested "Benjamin" I thought about it and couldn't find any objections.  His middle name comes from my younger brother.  Actually, if you ask Benjamin to tell you his full name, he will tell you it is, "Benjamin Uncle Alan Lieber." I am quite sad for the day he will correct that!!

4. In your bucket list, you say you want to go on a game show. If you got to do that, which who would you choose? 
I'm not sure I could think well enough under pressure to go on a show that requires knowledge like Jeopardy or The Beast.  Ken says we aren't qualified to go on the Newlywed Game.  I think we'd have fun with Family Feud.  That would be a blast!!


5. If you could switch places with someone famous for just one day, who would you choose? 
Who is famous and on a Carribbean Island right now? I don't think I could handle the celebrity life very well, but if I could hang out in the sun with no worries for a day, I'd try that out! Doesn't matter who!


6. If you were ever to enter a beauty pageant, what would you do for the talent competition? 
Oh my gosh!! I have been thinking about this one ever since Lisa sent me these questions and I cannot think of any talent I could compete with!! I like to sing, but I don't think I'm any good at it.  I can touch my nose with my tongue! Does that count as a talent?!

7. What is your all time favorite movie? 
I've mentioned Top Gun before because it just has such a tight hold on my memories.  I also love The Princess Bride. I can watch that repeatedly and it never gets old. It's such a great love story in a cheesy, improbable kind of way.


8. If you had the opportunity to take your whole family and go live in another country for a year or two, would you go? What country would you choose? 
I would want it to be fun and to be a learning experience.  I think New Zealand our Australia would be fun. They speak the same language as us, so we'd be able to communicate.  The landscape is different (and quite beautiful in pictures I've seen)! Plus it's on my bucket list.
Mt. Taranaki

9. Your take on an age-old debate: Do you prefer the toilet paper to go over or under??? :-) 
{whispering} I really don't care that much, as long as there's toilet paper!!  Really, though, we usually have the paper coming over the top. I think it's easier to find it that way.  Lately, I've found it coming from underneath, but then I realized that was because one of the kids changed the roll.  No way in heck am I going to discourage that!!


10. When I did Ask Away Friday with Dana, everyone loved the "Would you Rather" question she gave me, so I though I should give one to you! Would you rather always be hot & sweaty or always be cold & shivering? 
I HATE COLD WEATHER!  I would much rather be hot and sweaty.  You could ask me this same question in August and I would tell you the same thing!  

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a link so I can return the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...