Tuesday, February 12, 2013

An Interview With Your Hostess

I saw these questions over at Mother Chick's place and thought I'd give them a go.

1) Were you named after anyone? I was named after a nursing student my mom had in Afghanistan in the 60s-70s.  I am also named after my paternal aunt and great-grandmother.  If you ask my dad, he will tell you I am also named after Christopher Columbus.  Mainly because Christopher Columbus was name in the mid-fifteenth century and I wasn't named until 1978.
2) When was the last time you cried?   Honestly, I can't remember.  I tear up at a lot of different things (cute kid stuff, Super Bowl commercials, etc.) but I haven't had a good cry in a while.  I feel like I'm overdue.
3) Do you like your handwriting? It's not too bad. It's not as good as Megan's or Ken's, but they put typewriters to shame.

4)  What is your favorite lunch meat?  I am partial to Virginia ham.
5) Do you have kids?   I have three. You probably wouldn't be reading this if I didn't!
6) If you were another person, would you be friends with you?  I hope so. I think I am a pretty easy to get along with type of person.
7) Do you use sarcasm a lot? Ummm..no!  Actually, yes. Too much, probably.

8) Do you still have your tonsils?   Still do!  And my appendix, too!  Right where God originally placed them.
9) Would you bungee jump?   Maybe?  I don't know. I like roller coasters, but I'm not sure I could handle bungee jumping.
10) What is your favorite cereal?   Are the kids reading this?  Multi-grain Cheerios.  Oh? They're not?  OK, Frosted Flakes or Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
11) Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?   Not usually.  But I do untie them to put them back on.  It irks me when the kids just shove them on without untying them.

12) Do you think you are strong?   Physically-not really.  Emotionally, no.

13) What is your favorite ice cream?  Edy's Thin Mint
14) What is the first thing you notice about people?  Their height.  I'm only 5' so most people are taller than me, but I generally notice how much taller.
15) Red or pink?   Red

16) What is your least favorite thing about yourself?  My height

17) Who do you miss the most?   My mother-in-law.  Despite everything I ever said or felt, I really miss her being in our lives and in the kids' lives.  I wish they didn't have to grow up without her.  And I wish Ken still had her around.

18) What do you need to work on the most?  Cleaning my house and being more organized

19) What color shoes are you wearing?   Brown boots

20) What was the last thing you ate? Eggo waffle with peanut butter and syrup for breakfast

21) What are you listening to right now? Not much of anything.  I can mainly hear the "heater" behind me blowing cold air all over the room. Also, the elephant ballet class that goes on everyday upstairs. (I actually have no idea what could make so much noise up there! It's baffling!!)

22) If you were a crayon, what color would you be?  Sage Green

23) Favorite smells?  Tomato vines, my daddy's spaghetti sauce and citrus
 
24) How important are your political views to you?  They are important to me, but I don't generally discuss them.

25) Mountain hideaway or beach house?  Mountain hideaway, but near a lake

26) Favorite sport to watch? Live? Baseball or soccer. On TV? None, really.

27) Hair color?  Brown

28)  Eye color? Brown

29) Do you wear contacts? Even thinking about contacts makes my eyes water. (See question #2)

30) Favorite food?  I like lots of different kids of food. My favorite kind is the kind I don't have to cook!

31) Scary movies or happy endings?  Scary movies

32) Last movie you watched?  Half of Prince Caspian with the kids and Ken Sunday night.  All of The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe before that.

33) What color shirt are you wearing? Brown

34) Summer or winter?  SUMMER!

35) Favorite dessert?  Chocolate Mousse

36) Strength training or cardio?  Couch

37) Computer or television?  Computer

38) What book are you reading?  Some trashy romance novel I keep on hand.

39) What is on your mouse pad?  My phone...I guess I'm not really using it as a mouse pad!

40) Favorite sound?  Summer thunderstorms, the sound of Henry sucking his thumb or Benjamin sucking his pacifier while they sleep.

41) Favorite genre of music? Christian pop

42) What is the farthest you have been from home?  I've been to Alaska a few times to visit family.

43) Do you have a special talent?  I can touch my nose with my tongue.

44) Where were you born?  Austin, Texas

45)  Where are you living now?  Harrisonburg, Virginia


46) What color is your house?  whitish-grey


47) What color is your car?  greyish-black

48) What are you doing this weekend? Taking my kids down to my parents' house since the kids are out of school on Monday.

Now it's your turn.  Answer them yourself and link back here!


8 comments :

  1. Ooh, I like sage green. I'm cerulean blue. Have been since I was 8 years old. I thought I was magenta but I'm really not that exciting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like cerulean blue too. You are right, though. Only a select few people are magenta.

      Delete
  2. I feel the exact same way about my MIL and I totally should have put that answer for who I'm missing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your favorite food cracked me up - the kind you don't have to cook. hehehe!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray I got a shout out :) PS you also get teary at YouTube videos, stories you hear about people, kids who are struggling, when we laugh pretty hard. Face it rab, you are a cry baby :) love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love frosted flakes and I simply can't wait till summer :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a link so I can return the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...