Friday, August 10, 2018

The Hidden Room

I had a good childhood. There was very little drama for me, and for that I am eternally thankful. I think the biggest "crisis" I dealt with was moving the summer before 4th grade. So when I got this writing prompt, I was a little confused; not quite sure where to go.

Your “Secret Subject” is: When I was little I had a hiding place. It was my mind. When things got tense as they often did. I would go to my hiding place... It was submitted by: https://cognitivescript.blogspot.com/

When I was little I did have a cool place to go. It wasn't for hiding and it wasn't for any traumatic reasons. I had a recurring dream that I always thought was kinda cool. Sometimes I would "request" the dream to myself before going to sleep. Sometimes I would day dream about it.

The dream I used to have was of a house. I walked into the house and explored it. After looking around a room, I would open a door, thinking it led to a closet, and find another room to explore. The rooms in this house were infinite and I spent many dreams just walking through and exploring things.

I don't remember the rooms being the same or feeling familiar. In fact, in the dream it always seemed new, but when I would wake up I knew that I had had the dream before. It was never scary or uncomfortable. It was a nice exploration through a seemingly endless house.

I don't know what started the dream. Was there a TV episode that inspired it? Or a book I read? Is there a deep meaning behind this dream? Always keep exploring? Leave no stone unturned (door unopened)?

I don't remember the last time I had this dream. I've thought about it a few times recently, especially while house hunting. Something about opening a stranger's closet seems intrusive, but also necessary at the same time. I would love to find a house that had a secret room! I feel like those would get snapped up pretty quickly off the market. Or maybe I'd be the first to discover it?!

Did you have a childhood hiding spot? Recurring dream? DO YOU HAVE A SECRET ROOM IN YOUR HOUSE I CAN COME VISIT?!?!

Welcome to a Secret Subject Swap. This week 9 brave bloggers picked a secret subject for someone else and were assigned a secret subject to interpret in their own style. Today we are all simultaneously divulging our topics and submitting our posts.

Here are links to all the sites now featuring Secret Subject Swap posts. Sit back, grab a cup, and check them all out. See you there:

Baking In A Tornado
The Bergham Chronicles
The Blogging 911
Cognitive Script
Never Ever Give Up Hope
Part-Time Working Hockey Mom
Climaxed
My Brand of Crazy

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a link so I can return the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...