Friday, April 6, 2018

My President

I'm not one to talk politics; publicly or privately. It seems like those kinds of conversations never go anywhere good. There's not very many things that people can universally agree on. And, that's okay. It takes all kinds. Well, maybe almost all kinds!

Absolute Requirements

I think there might be a few things we can all agree on. The president should be human. No space aliens allowed. Right?

The president should be a grown up. There could be some wiggle room in the exact age, but I don't think anyone would argue that a toddler should be in charge of anything!

I also think the president should speak English (that rules out toddlers too!). Our country doesn't have an official language, but English is spoken by most people, so the president should definitely be able to communicate that way.

The president should be alive. I know zombies are all the rage in movies and TV right now, but I don't think the undead would make good leaders.

Preferred Qualities

Here's where we might have some disagreement. In my opinion, the president should be intelligent, both academically and emotionally. This person needs to be able to think deep thoughts and understand complex concepts. The president should also be good at reading people, understanding what makes them tick.

The president should be someone who is willing to consider lots of differing viewpoints. I highly respect people who are able to make decisions that are best for the others and not necessarily the best for them personally. It's like when a parent really wants the last cookie, but lets their kid have it instead.

The president should have life experience. Privilege is hard to recognize if everyone around you has had similar experiences and backgrounds. The president should be someone who has interacted with lots of different kinds of people all over the country and all over the world!

The president should have a good moral compass. I won't advocate for any one specific belief system, but I believe that the leader of our country should have a basic respect for life and human dignity. I understand that these concepts themselves can come into conflict from time to time, but if our leader is acting with compassion for people over love of self or money, then I would be okay with that.

Our president should also be humble. It's a high profile job, but I don't think it should be done for the glory of it. I think it should be a job for someone who truly wants to serve and make the country a better place.

Find me this person, and I'll join the campaign team!!


This has been a Secret Subject Swap. This week 9 brave bloggers picked a secret subject for someone else and were assigned a secret subject to interpret in their own style. Today we are all simultaneously divulging our topics and submitting our posts.

Here are links to all the sites now featuring Secret Subject Swap posts. Sit back, grab a cup, and check them all out. See you there:

Baking In A Tornado
Cognitive Script
The Lieber Family Blog
The Bergham Chronicles
Southern Belle Charm
The Blogging 911
Never Ever Give Up Hope
Climaxed
My Brand of Crazy

My subject was "Who would you like to see as President of the US and why?" It was submitted by The Blogging 911.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a link so I can return the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...