Friday, August 9, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Lonely


1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community...


Five minutes on lonely...

GO 

I saw the prompt for today and I thought...I wish I could be lonely sometimes!  I have been followed to the bathroom. I've had my kids at work with me off and on all week. I have cooked dinner with arms wrapped around my legs.  There are times this week that I've considered hiding in a closet just to take a deep breath.

Then I walked Frances to camp this morning. She was complaining about all the stairs they've had to walk up this week, because the sessions for camp are all on different levels.  I reminded her of the book she had picked out to read this morning in my office.  It's a book about ballerinas. These ballerinas are little girls with disabilities.  They have movement restrictions, but they want to do ballet, so they have helpers who help them to dance.  It's a beautiful story!  Frances loves it; she's picked it out more than once.

Today I reminded her that those girls would LOVE to be able to walk up and down stairs.  I told her to offer it up.  Each time she walked those steps today, I told her to say a prayer for those girls.  To pray in thanksgiving that her legs work properly, and to pray for strength and healing for those other girls.

And then I walked back to my car a hypocrite.  Because I had started the morning longing to be lonely, when I know full well there are women, friends of mine, who long to be surrounded by children.  Actually, long for just one child. So tonight, when I have an audience in the bathroom, I will offer it up.  When I cook dinner with a weight around my ankles, I will offer it up.  When I yearn for a quick hide in the closet; I will offer it up for my those women.  My friends who long to be lonely no more.

Have a blessed weekend, friends!

16 comments :

  1. Such a sweet post. I have a dear friend who is going through this very thing right now. Thank you for encouraging me to continue to pray for her during this time. Found you through FMF. Your family is precious!
    Jennifer
    http://www.godstellations.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will say a prayer for your friend as well. Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. This is just so good!

    visiting from FMF

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, man. You made me tear up. Even with only FIVE MINUTES of writing, you got me. Beautiful post, Rabia. Beautiful! --Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of writing for only five minutes!! Loniless is never a good place to be...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check out the link, Mrs. Pancakes. It's a great writing exercise! :)

      Delete
  5. True speak. I've been on both sides of that coin and sometimes when I have 2 little ones clinging to me and refusing to let go, I wish I could remember my 6 years of praying and wishing for my own child

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so hard to be happy and satisfied in the moment, isn't it?

      Delete
  6. What a good idea-I really need a 5 minute writing. Wonder what would come out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get a stopwatch or timer and try it! You don't have to publish if you don't want to. think it's great practice and a fun exercise!

      Delete
  7. Ah, this is so good. Have a wonderful weekend! I'll be thinking of your words as my kids hang on me all day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, Rabia. Just right. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My ADD self could never do this, I would randomly have 20 different topics merged into one paragraph jumping from work, to Halloween, to fishing, to I need to cook, to did I shower yet? Lol. I have to have something keep me in line...LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That last paragraph got me in the heart, and it's so true! Sometimes, I w ant my "space"
    and then my ex takes the kids on Sunday and I miss them all day - and then I"m so happy to have that audience in the bathroom again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a link so I can return the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...