Sunday, November 4, 2012

Soccer Swan Song (for this Season)

Henry had his last soccer game of the season on Saturday. It was COLD and windy, but I had a blanket and a portable heater named Benjamin, who mostly stayed on my lap and kept me warm.  Frances was miserable and asked to sit in the van, so I let her.
The difference between this season and the last season he played (Fall 2011) was huge!  Last year he regularly refused to go out on the field and he threw fits all the time. He said he liked soccer, but all her ever wanted to do was run around being silly and jump on his coach.  This year, there was much less coercion involved in getting him on the field.  He still acted silly, but for the most part he wanted to get out and play.
Ken helped out as the assistant coach this year, and I think he really had fun with it.  Henry had a bit of a hard time sharing his daddy, but he managed. I hope that Ken will be able to help out again next season.
My parents showed up for the last 10 minutes of the game and got the chance to see Henry in action.  Then after the game, most of us went out to Cici's for a celebratory lunch.  Ken headed out to go hunting with his dad. After lunch, my parents loaded up the kids in their van and took them to Radford.  The kids are out of school on Monday and Tuesday and they don't have Sunday school, so it was a perfect time for an extended trip to Grandma's and Grandpa's.
Plus that means I get the house to myself for the weekend...

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a link so I can return the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...