Thursday, February 3, 2011

Henry the Con Artist

Henry is such a trip! I get to spend a lot of time with him because he is in my class at school and home with me on my days off. We pretty much spend 24/7 together!
He has been quite the con artist lately! I told him yesterday that he couldn't watch TV because he didn't stay in his bed all night. And he says, "Yes, I did! I swept in your bed all night wong!" And I said, "What did you say?" with a little grin and he "repeated" himself. "I swept in my bed all night wong!!"
Often when we are home for the day, he will go to his bed willingly for a nap only to come out 10 minutes later with a big cheesy grin on his face, "Mommy! I stayed in my bed all night wong!" Nope sorry sweetie! You've got to go to sleep!
He gets to eat a piece of candy after dinner for dessert. But only if he eats all his food. And he is quite picky about which candy he picks out. He peruses the stash for about 5 minutes before he finally picks something. Then he picks out another candy and says hopefully, "Two?" "No, Henry. You get one candy." So then he puts one back and asks me to open his treat. After he is completely done eating it, 4 times out of 5 he will come back to me and say. "Mommy. I don't want that candy. I want this one." with the second choice held out to me. Um, sure son, except you've already eaten that one you don't want!
He tries it with books too! For him books are a great stalling technique before naps and bedtime. He usually tries to get us to read him a whole library of books. But just like the candy, we tell him that he gets one book. Yesterday before nap, he brought me a pile of books. I asked him which ONE he wanted me to read and he picked one out. I asked him to go put the others back on the shelf. We snuggled up on the couch to read. He laughed at the silly parts and asked me a few questions. And right after we finished the book he said, "Mommy, I don't want that book. I want the book about..."

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a link so I can return the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...