Sunday, September 26, 2010

Alike, but soooo different

I have a diaper bag full of reasons my first born is different from my second.  I don't know why it keeps surprising me.  Thursday night we got home from school and Henry saw a bunny in the front yard. He asked me if he could chase it and I said he could, so he took off running.  I took a second to put Benjamin and his car seat it the house and stepped back out to follow Henry. He was GONE!

When we first started bunny chasing it was just Frances. She loved the chase and I don't think it ever occurred to her that we would actually catch a bunny rabbit.  
Henry, is alike in that he loves the chase, but soooo different in that he actually thinks the point is to catch the bunny.  He even has plans for what to do with it.  I asked. Through his tears of frustration when the bunny got away to where he couldn't see it anymore.  He wants to make bunny soup.  I even asked how to make bunny soup.  Apparently you have to put it in a pot and "stir and stir and stir."
I am now afraid to point out the occasional bunnies in our front yard.  Henry will take off through the neighbor's yard.  Last time he hesitated before running out into the street, but probably would have kept going if I hadn't yelled "STOP!"
Frances still loves chasing bunnies (if she can get around Henry), but is in it more for the fun of the chase more than anything else.  She happily stops at the edge of the yard when the bunny takes off.  Her brother, on the other hand, races past her with thoughts of bunny soup on the brain.
Alike, but soooo different.  Wonder which camp Benjamin will be in?

1 comment :

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a link so I can return the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...