Wednesday, June 23, 2010

He's Baaaa-aack!!

Every once in a while I wonder where he went and why we haven't heard about him for a while. Sometimes I even miss him and worry about him.  But, my mind is at ease now. He is back.
Who am I talking about?? WOODY!  Frances' imaginary friend. 
I am not really sure when he showed up the first time. I just remember Frances telling me about "Woody this" and "Woody that."  They had lots of adventures together and also got into trouble together, like any young child and her imaginary friend.
Last night, as I was making dinner, Frances was playing with some magnets on the refrigerator. She had just recently found the "gold" medal she got at school for meeting her reading goal for the year.  She then turned and informed me that Woody was back.  I was somewhat taken aback, as I thought Woody was gone forever just like the other parts of her precious childhood that seem to be slipping through my fingers.  So I continued the conversation: "Really?  Where has he been?"
FJ: "He's been in Paris. He won a trip to Paris for reading the most books in his school.  He got to go there and learn how to speak 'Paris-y."  You know, like 'Bonjour.'"
So rest assured, not only is Woody back; he was improving himself while he was gone!

By the way, I am not completely convinced that Woody is of the Toy Story variety.  He seems to be, but there are still some differences.

1 comment :

  1. love it, love it, love it! Bonjour woody et bienvenue!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a link so I can return the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...