Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thankful Thursdays

It's that time again! Time for me to sit back and reflect on my week and pick three things that I am especially thankful for. Some weeks this is easy because things stick out as wonderful. Sometimes I have to think harder, but I know how important it is to exhibit an attitude of thankfulness and gratefulness in all that we do. It's like putting on your nice clothes when you don't feel well. If you look nice, chances are that you will feel nice. In the same vein, if you look for things to be thankful for, it will be easier to see the wonderful things in your life.

  • I am thankful for my trials. Fr. Tom had a wonderful and timely homily at Mass last weekend. He spoke about suffering and God's purpose. After Mass I had a friend come up to me and give me some bad news about her job. It brought up some raw emotions for me because it is the same sort of thing that I went through about 4 years ago. On this side of the mess I can clearly see how that problem led me to where I am now in life. And since I LOVE where my life has taken me, I feel like I should be thankful for the trials. My friend also says she feels strengthened by knowing that I went through something very similar and came out better for it. I am thankful that God holds me in the palm of his hand and that he has a plan for my life that is infinitely better than anything I could ever attempt to map out.
  • I am thankful for my husband. He puts up with me on a regular basis. He loves me no matter what. He is an awesome father! He is just a great friend-to me as well as to his other friends. He would do anything for anyone (unless you call our house looking for the Post Office, and then...well watch out!) He had a birthday last week, and now is a good time to be thankful that he was created, born and placed into my life.
  • My class. They were so sweet this morning at our Valentine's Day party. They went through their bags and kept saying "Who is this from?" "Thank you!" and getting up and hugging each other. They are full of love for me and for each other. Sometimes I have to remind myself that they are only four and five (especially on days when we have spaghetti for lunch) but when all is said and done, they are a great group of kids and I am proud to be their teacher!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a link so I can return the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...