Thursday, July 31, 2008

Thankful Thursdays

Today I am home from work because Henry threw up this morning twice at school. I took him to the doctor who said that it sounds like a stomach virus and to just keep him hydrated. He is acting fine now and hasn't thrown up since this morning.



  • I am thankful for modern medicine. I love Henry's doctor. She was a good friend before she was his doctor and she was willing to see him (and the rest of the family) while we were in between insurance policies. I can call her at home to ask a question and she doesn't get annoyed (I've only done it once or twice). I can call the office and describe symptoms over the phone and she can call in a prescription if I need one. It is nice to have a doctor friend so that I can keep on top of what is going around.

  • I am thankful for my mailman and his family. This should actually count for a few entries, but I will put it all together. Firstly my mailman is the son of a woman that used to work at the church with me. He is also the son-in-law of a woman I used to teach with. He and his family go to my church and I was in a group with his younger brother in college. I just love this whole family! They are awesome! He holds the mail when we are out of town. He asks about us if we don't pick it up for a few days. I have had more than one piece of mail delivered to my house despite being marked "postage due." I can put my outgoing mail outside with two quarters taped to it and it will get mailed. All of those things are neat, but let me tell you why else I love this family...Last summer I was out st some garage sales. I stopped at one and found a lot of really nice girls' clothes for good prices. As I was loading up my arms, the owner of the house approached me and it turns out to be the mailman's wife! She loaded me up with more clothes and toys and then gave me an awesome deal. Twice since then I have caught her delivering boxes of her daughter's old clothes to my house. It is an absolute Godsend to have these clothes. It means less shopping for me and good clothes get a few more uses out of them. What an awesome family!!

  • Thirdly, I am thankful for my daughter's friends. This one comes with a funny story. Earlier in the week a mom came to pick up her three girls, one of whom is in my class. Her daughter looked at her mom and said "uh-uh, I want to go home with Ms. Rabia." She planted her feet and practically refused to leave. I promised her that we would make arrangements to let her come over sometime soon. Well it turns out that today was the day. You might think I am crazy for inviting over a guest when Henry is not feeling well, but let me tell you-it works! The two girls are having a ball playing downstairs and I am able to give Henry the cuddles he wants. Both my kids are happy and I don't feel split in two!! It's also pretty sweet to listen to the girls playing pretend and the conversations they are having. Mine's the one on the left, and please excuse the mess in the background. :)

4 comments :

  1. Praying for your son to feel much better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for your son too. Thank God that he has got a good doctor. Glad you have cuddling times with him. It must have comforted him. He is so blessed to have the love of a dear mother! Thanks for sharing the photo of your daughter and her friend. They are such sweeties! Glad they can enjoy each other's friendships. Thanks for sharing your thankful heart with us. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oscar looks mean with those eyes! I hope Henry feels better soon! I need to come see you guys before I leave in THREE WEEKS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your son is better soon. And the girls... Adorable!

    (Somthin strange happened the first time I posted that... tryin again. I know how to do this, really.)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a link so I can return the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...