Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thankful Thursdays

It has been a busy, but mostly uneventful week. I haven't had much time to reflect on thankfulness, and it seems lately that if I sit down to think, I end up falling asleep. This week I am thankful for:
  • My bed. It is nice and comfy. It have a wonderful pink, plaid, flannel pillowcase that I just absolutely love. Ken brought me some lavender linen spray from when he was out of town. I spray it on my pillow and on the sheets before I go to bed and it smells so good!
  • My mommy. She came to visit us this week. She arrived Monday afternoon and stayed until Wednesday morning. Tuesday she kept Frances home from school and took her to the pool for a day in the water. It was nice having a visit with her, even though I didn't get to see too much of her. My mom and dad are leaving very soon for a month-long trip to Alaska to visit with family. I will miss them terribly, but I am very happy for them to make this trip.
  • Teens! I am the youth ministry coordinator at my church. I work with teens in all different ways. Just this week I met about 90 teens on their way to perform a service project in Appalachia and this weekend I will meet another 70! I have been in contact with lots of teens who are coming to and/or planning our yearly Youth Convention. I am inspired and refreshed by all the positive things that the teens around me are doing. Way to go guys!!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a link so I can return the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...