Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Are you kidding me!!



I saw this on the news on this morning before I went to work. For some reason it really frustrates me. I always see stories on the news or in magazines about how to save more money, but they always include cutting out things that, to me, seem so frivolous!
This family set out to cut their weekly budget in half. Some of the things they did this week to save money:
Mom skipped her weekly pedicure and had her husband rub her feet instead. And then she complained because he didn't do it as well!!
She cooked dinner at home! Apparently they go out for lunch and dinner quite often.
They go to the neighborhood pool instead of movies or boredom-shopping.
Dad mowed his own lawn-what a concept!
They shopped at the Farmer's Market and used coupons at the grocery store.
She cleaned her own house instead of paying someone else to do it.

I naturally live pretty frugally. So when we feel the pinch from this economy, what are we supposed to do to cut back? And at the day care, there are parents who make the decision between rent, groceries or gas in the car. Can you see why it frustrates me to watch a woman complain about missing her pedicure!!

Thanks for listening to this little rant. And now back to our regularly scheduled program!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a link so I can return the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...